Georgia Babies

Keurig Users

I got a Keurig for Christmas, and while it is really fun, I feel like the coffee that it brews is weaker...I admittedly do like my coffee on the strong side, but it seems weak even to DH, who isn't a big coffee drinker.  Is it just the k-cups?  I have one of the reusable cups, so maybe just using a stronger blend of coffee will help?  Do you always brew on the smallest cup setting?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Keurig Users

• I guess it depends on the type of coffee. I like my coffee medium brew - so the regular cup setting does just fine for me. But we just got some Starbucks French Roast that is so strong, it'll put hair on your chest. I have to super dilute it to drink it.

The reusable cup takes some modification to make a decent cup of coffee. DH did some Googling and found that if you put an empty, used K-cup in the reusable one, it'll make the coffee taste a whole lot better. 

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We bought my parents the Cuisinart one for Christmas. We all like stronger coffee so we either used the filter with stronger blend, used K cups and brew on the smallest setting or used Starbucks cafe verona k cups from Costco which are quite strong even with the bigger brew size. Hope you like it-it seems great to have!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • I had heard that the reusuable K-cups take some tinkering to get them just right. 

• I like really strong coffee as well.  I've never been able to get the reusable cup to work well for me, so I rarely use it.  I love Caribou Blend K-cups.  They're the strongest I've found so far.  Haven't tried the Starbucks ones, but I'm sure they're strong too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree that you have to play around with the reusable k-cup thing to get the strength just right.  But honestly, I think using the reusable one defeats the purpose of the machine.  Order a couple of different brands of coffee and I'm sure you'll find one that fits your taste.  For example the Tully's Kona is an Extra Bold/Medium roast and the Tully's French Roast is Extra Bold/Dark roast. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"