Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Red bumps around anus

LO has had a rash that includes tiny red bumps all around his anys for about a month or so on and off. I thought it was something we were feeding him, as it started around the time we started solids. I tried cutting out the things I thought were doing it but it didn't work. Oh, and I ff.  The rash also doesn't bother him. Anyone else experience something similar? What is it??? We have appt with him in the 30th so we will figure it out then. Just thought I would ask while I'm in here. Thanks!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image. image. image

Re: Red bumps around anus

• At DD's 6week her pedi mentioned that she had little raised bumps around her anus and it was yeast. The pedi forgot to give us the medicine for it, though, and I thought it maybe went away? But it's definitely back over the last couple weeks. We see the dr on Thurs and I plan to ask.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • My LO has only had one bad diaper rash when she was sick but she has had a couple of these little pimple looking bumps off and on her butt. I just added a drop of tea tree oil to her water solution (I use cloth diapers/wipes) and that cleared it right up! I think it looks like a small bacterial infection thing rather than the typical rash.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Are you feeding any cereals?  Try cutting those if you are.  My nephew had a similar rash and he was allergic to rice cereal!  Good Luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJHarris1987:
    Are you feeding any cereals?  Try cutting those if you are.  My nephew had a similar rash and he was allergic to rice cereal!  Good Luck!

i posted about something very similar about a week or so ago. switched from rice cereal to oatmeal & rash was gone in about 2 days!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS developed a bumpy rash pretty quickly once we started using the Pampers Sensitive wipes. We switched to the no-name fragrance-free version and it cleared up in two days.

If I were you, I'd only really suspect the wipes if you changed what type you've been using.

• Thank you for all the advice. He has an appointment on Friday, so we will find out then. He eats rice and oatmeal, so it's hard to say what it is, and pinpoint when it stared. I guess that's why they say Wait a few days between solids. But I did, and didn't notice the rash connected to any one type of food. Thanks ladies
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image. image. image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"