Georgia Babies

How did you tell your DH you were expecting?

Anyone do anything fun/creative?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How did you tell your DH you were expecting?

• I took the test in the morning and left it out on the counter so he could see it before he left for work.  We had both suspected I was already pregnant, so it wasn't out of nowhere.

The first time it was Dec.18, so I bought a "daddy" ornament and had him open an early Christmas gift.

• You mean other than the choice expletives that came out of my mouth in the bathroom that morning?  :-)

• Loading the player...
  • imageslwprincess:
    You mean other than the choice expletives that came out of my mouth in the bathroom that morning?  :-)

lmao.

I wasn't creative.  I just showed him the positive both times.  

I saw a story on the national boards months back where the wife made a slide show for her husband.  It was really cute.

• imageslwprincess:
    You mean other than the choice expletives that came out of my mouth in the bathroom that morning?  :-)

LOL!!! With Bryce, I hyperventilated and cried on the kitchen floor. All I could think about was how was I going to have 2 babies 15 months apart. I had to call dh to come home (which I NEVER have done before or since) b/c I couldn't drive to get Bailey to his pedi appt.

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had just come back from being deployed to NC for Hurricane Irene and was over a week late but didn't notice because of the high stress level and long work hours.  I took a test and then drove over to see DH at work.  He saw the look on my face and asked "What'd I do now?"  My reply, "uh, you got me @#*%&^ pregnant."  Real classy, I know. 

Now that the shock has worn off, we're excited, but I was definitely overwhelmed!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wait, what are you telling us? 

Both times my DH was there when I took the test, although the second time, he didn't know that's what I was doing in the bathroom.  I came out with a huge grin on my face and nervously laughing.  He was like, "what?" and I just couldn't stop giggling.  He said, "No you're not!"  We went back and forth like that for a few minutes until he insisted I retake it.  (Don't men know women don't pee on command!)

He went out later in the day and I took a new test and left it out for him to see.

• Why you askin???? ;o)

I took a test and showed DH, who didn't know I was even thinking I could be pregnant. And he made me go get a digital so he could "see" it do himself. 

Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • First time, I think it was early in the morning and we both knew something was up. Or, as DH says, he "knew I was impregnated." LOL

Second time, you could've knocked me over with a feather. It was 5:30 a.m. and I was getting ready for work. Took the test and then woke up DH. He said from the look on my face, he thought all the pipes in the basement had burst. Ha ha. 

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The first time I took the test while DH was not at home. When it came up with two lines I thought that meant negative and threw it out. I walked out of the bathroom and light bulb went off, like..wait a minute..maybe 2 lines means pregnant. The test had come in the box with some OPK's I had used so I went digging for the instructions to the PG test. When I confirmed the test was telling me I was pregnant I was bursting with the news and called him and told him on the phone :)

The second time I thought I was getting my period. We were just hanging out at home and had a few drinks that night and I thought AFTER I had the drinks that I had better make sure I was not pregnant. I got a faint line on the test and told DH right away who did not trust that faint line on the Dollar Tree test. I went out to buy a digital test in the morning and showed him the positive. It was Father's Day.

Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• Nope.... nothing creative... " you need to turn off the tv and come here and look at this... " 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"