LGBT Parenting

Christmas/Weekend Highlight?

I hope everyone who celebrated has a merry Christmas or Hannukah or just a lovely weekend ;)

What was your ONE favorite moment of the weekend? 

*I hope there weren't many--but any lowlights you want to share, too?

Re: Christmas/Weekend Highlight?

• My highlight: Pumpkin's mom asking me to go to the bathroom with her to change Pumpkin's diaper. Talking about all three kids like two moms. 

Oh, and when she laughed at my ridiculous jokes.

I felt that in that church on Christmas morning with those people was exactly where we were supposed to be. 

• Hearing A and Iz squeal as they opened the gifts they really liked. 

Lowlight: Owl had some pretty big ragey meltdowns during the family Christmas celebrations, it was sad. 

• Loading the player...
  • Watching J figure out how to unwrap presents, and seeing him realize that the wrapping paper is not the main attraction. Smile Our traditional lobster, cape cod chips and champagne dinner for two was pretty yummy, too.
  • Mostly just seeing how excited everyone is about us moving to Oregon and having babies. It just reinforced that we are absolutely making the right decision to move before the babies come, even though there are a lot of things up in the air.

And my brother and sister gave us a pair of tiny blue/pink baby robes. I oo'ed over them appropriately when we opened them, but may have also laid them out on the bed and imagined babies in them and patted them when I was alone later Wink 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageEratMama:

My highlight: Pumpkin's mom asking me to go to the bathroom with her to change Pumpkin's diaper. Talking about all three kids like two moms. 

Oh, and when she laughed at my ridiculous jokes.

I felt that in that church on Christmas morning with those people was exactly where we were supposed to be. 

love, love, love

• Erat - that is awesome. :)

I don't know if there was one highlight. I love how the boys believed unabashedly in Santa. They were caught in the magic of the man in the red suit - hook, line, and sinker. They were so excited about their gifts. Carter said it was "the best Christmas ever!" And it was awesome for L and I because it was actually relaxing for us. The kids played with their toys, L took a nap while the kids watched Cars 2, we hung out with a friend who is estranged from his own family, we read...such a contrast to the Christmases where we chased around babies for 13 hrs and went to bed exhausted and drained.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I dont know if there is any one particular highlight - it was a generally lovely weekend.  Poor RB woke up with a bad fever christmas morning - which meant that she slept until 9:30 (unheard of!) and Sprout had to use every ounce of patience not to wake her up for gifts, lol. But once she was up, she rallied for gifts and all the kids were thrilled with their toys.  I"m so glad we didnt go overboard again this year...they were able to really focus and enjoy the few things they each got.

• I think my highlight was when E saw her aquarium...she was speechless for a moment (which for her is rather unheard of...5 is a chatty ageWink)

• My highlight was waking up to a sleepy baby in the middle of K and I and staying in bed, watching him smile, smiling at each other, for over an hour.  It was the first Christmas where we didn't have to set an alarm in order to open our gifts and drive an hour to my step mothers, to be there at 8am.  It was heavenly.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"