Secondary IF
Options

PCOS management...

My RE told me that once I'm done having children (or done trying) that I need to address the PCOS with something like the pill or an IUD (with hormones) to combat the greatly increased liklihood of uterine cancer (due to build up of cells over months without AF).

While I'm certianly interested in avoiding uterine cancer, the idea of being on hormones long term scares the "bleep" out of me.  The last time I was on low dose BCP I nearly drove off a cliff - and I had only been taking it for 2 weeks.  I was out of my flipping mind.  I can't imagine having an IUD pumping hormones into me for years - even though RE says the hormones are localized, my belief in TCM tells me otherwise - the body is an intricate system, not a compartmentalized warehouse. 

So... if you have PCOS , what have you been told about managing symptoms, preventing endometrial buildup, and options?  I would think I could just take Prometrium every other month and have the same preventative results, without a constant hormone stream? 

Doriimage
"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!

Re: PCOS management...

• Options
    I don't have PCOS, but I can understand why you don't want to be on  BCPs. They terrify me, too. It's too bad that TCM can't help you regulate.
    Conceived DD after 15 cycles--- TTC #2 since 11/10---Me- Poor egg quality and supply---DH- Poor count and motility---2 rounds 75IU Follistim/IUI-BFN---5/12 150IU Follistim/IUI-Over-produced! Converted to IVF! 0 fertilized:( Rescue ICSI performed. 2 embryos transfered-BFN

---------Game Over---------

Moving on as a family of 3
    Lou's Infertility News

<a href="http://s863.photobucket.com/albums/ab199/lillinzlou2/?action=view
  • Options
    I can't take BCPs either.  They make me insane.  I have PCOS, but all my blood work showed I'm not insulin resistant, but for some reason Metformin regulates me.  It's no fun to take as it sometimes has some "poopy" side effects, but it does work and doesn't make me as hormonal.  Just another option you could discuss with your OB.   
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"