Baby Showers

Birds and Bees

I want to have a birds and bees tea party type shower, the greens, yellow and light blues go great with our style and is very gender neutral since we are team green. I'm finding cute ideas, but they all seem girly and very spring oriented. They shower will be in February and will be "daddy present" I would love to hear any ideas you may have to keep it fun for both men and women and not get too spring-y.

Thanks! 

Re: Birds and Bees

• for men- I heard of diaper parties.. where the guy has a party and their friends drink a keg and appetizers, watch a sporting event- etctera, and each of their friends brings wipes or diapers.
    lolololo
  • Honestly, birds and bees say two things to me:  spring and sex.  Spring is an inherently girly season (in my opinion).  

I don't really have any masculine ideas for the theme.  Maybe stick more with the bees and not so much with the birds and you can get away from the spring.  Yellow and black with light blue accents? What kind of ideas does your host/ess have? 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Loading the player...
  • This was the original idea, however 4 of my husband's close friends are over seas and will no be able to celebrate with him so we were going to do husbands, male relatives and such at the shower.
  • I don't think you're going to get away from the "spring" aspect using birds and bees.  Maybe just birds since you could go the "cardinal or chickadee" route...but here there are no bees in February.  Personally, I wouldn't worry about it looking Spring-ish.  I don't think Spring = girl.  You could certainly do birds and bees...use blue birds a lot and that way you would have blue and orange (not girly colors) and then bees would be the black and yellow.  Those colors don't shout girl to me but doesn't shout boy either.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"