Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Baby hates avocado....

I fed my baby avocado for the first time today, and she vomited right after she took the first bite. Kind of freaked me out, since she has enjoyed everything else she's tried. Does this mean I should give up avocado for the time being, or should I try to feed it to her again soon?
daughter born June 2011 via C-Section, son born November 2012 via VBAC

Re: Baby hates avocado....

• Options
    How did you prepare it?  Did you mix with formula?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

MY DD did the same thing a few months back and then I tried a few times here and there after that episode and she turned her face to them. Then about a week ago I gave her a piece of the avocado I was eating and she devoured it. Now it seems to be her favorite food. Just today she ate half of one for lunch .

Moral of the story, let it go and try again later. I never touched them till I was about twenty years old. I always hated the texture :) I am sure she will come around eventually.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagedrozio:

MY DD did the same thing a few months back and then I tried a few times here and there after that episode and she turned her face to them. Then about a week ago I gave her a piece of the avocado I was eating and she devoured it. Now it seems to be her favorite food. Just today she ate half of one for lunch .

Moral of the story, let it go and try again later. I never touched them till I was about twenty years old. I always hated the texture :) I am sure she will come around eventually.  

This exactly!  Give it a try and if your LO doesn't like it try it again in a few weeks. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options
    LOL, mine does too, and I don't blame her.  It's disgusting.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My DD hates it too along with bananas and peas. She gags when I feed her. It's a little funny. I'll try them again in a month or so.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)
  • Options
    My dd gagged so badly the first time I gave her Avacado, nasty faces and all. I tried again a few weeks later, and she will eat them if I 'mask' them. I mash them with bananas and she loves them. I don't blame her for hating them, I dislike them as well lol. They are real oily
    Those who don't believe in love at first sight, have never given birth
    Big sister meeting little brother for the first time-
    <a href="http://s326.photobucket.com/albums/k409/YellowMiles/?action=view
  • Options

imagealisonemma:
    LOL, mine does too, and I don't blame her.  It's disgusting.

lol this...i tasted it and almost gagged.  No wonder LO hated it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Funny, this was the only food my little guy would eat for weeks.  He ate a half avocado a day!  I thought maybe because it's bland and creamy and other things seemed tangy and acidic in comparison.  Now he likes other things as well but I think babies even early on have texture preferences.  Give it time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"