Water broke at 21 weeks — The Bump
Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Water broke at 21 weeks

After an uneventful doctor's visit on Wednesday 12/14, I woke up Friday 12/16 and knew something was going to go wrong. I woke with cramping and instead of calling out of work, I went anyway. At 0905, my water broke. Since I'm a RN, my co-workers rushed me to the ER. My job doesn't deliver babies anymore so I had an ambulance ride to the hospital we would deliver. Upon arrival, I had a transvaginal u/s where the *** of a doctor told us there was no fluid around our baby girl and he was "sorry". Despite what many felt was the "right" plan of action, my husband and I decided to fight for our baby as she still had a strong heartbeat and was moving. I laid on bedrest,on IV fluids, antibiotics, no food or clear liquids in Trendelenburg until Monday when I felt different. Not like I had to push, but just weird. Doctors didn't want to manually check me since I was at risk for infection so they went to get the speculum. Before they inserted it, they told us our baby girl Zo?'s foot was in my vagina. My husband and I are devastated. Zo? Renee Regina Barrier was born 12/19/2011 at 1:44pm 11inches, 14 ounces, with a strong heartbeat and we got to hold her and kiss her and tell her how much we loved her before she became our princess angel. She is my husband's first biological child. I have a 9 year old son who we had explain this all to. We are heartbroken. I feel broken. I just want the holidays to be over. I can't pretend to be so happy when we lost our daughter. I am soooooooooo sick of people telling us "you'll have another baby" She is not replaceable. 
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Water broke at 21 weeks

• I am so sorry for your loss. I couldn't imagine carrying for 21 weeks. I don't think people really know how heart breaking this all is. You'll have another baby is far from a comforting thing to say. My other favorite is it's for the best.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't want to talk to anyone. I don't want to go anywhere. I barely want to get out of bed. But my 9 year old son needs his Mommy. I don't know what to think. We're terrified this will happen again. I had my son at 19. That pregnancy was completely uneventful. This pregnancy was going completely as planned, then BOOM. Where do we go from here?

• Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry for your devastating loss.  I hope that you and your family will somehow find comfort at such a difficult time.
    BFP#1 - 11/13/11, Natural MC - 12/24/11 at 12 weeks
    BFP#2 - 10/2/12, Please be our rainbow.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I completely understand that horrible feeling wondering if this will happen again. The first day I found out I was miscarrying I was done. There was no way I could go through that again but every day it becomes an easier possibility. I think having another child to care for forces us to get up. I could have easily slept my days away but I had still had someone to take care of that I tried my best to not cry in front of. I still found my times to cry in the shower or when he was asleep. It does get easier to handle. The pain is always there but you gradually learn to handle it.

There is another board called Loss and it has other women who have lost farther along like yourself. You may also want to post there if you haven't already

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm very sorry for your loss. It is just so hard to imagine the shock of losing her like this. You are more than welcome to stick around here but you might check out the "Loss" board as well as maybe those women have (unfortunately) shared an experience closer to that. Most of us lost babies earlier.

Again, lots of T&Ps as you try to move forward. :(

Baby #3 is on the way! EDD  3/8/15
    DD1--8/29/10
    DD2--11/6/12

• so sorry to hear about your terrible loss.  I too hate it when people say, well you can try again for another baby, or it was for the best, or its just not in God's timing.  I know they mean well but I really just wish they would agree on how terrible it is and not try to make it better.  T and P for you during you and your families time of mourning.
  • I am so sorry fo your loss ((HUGS)). Of course she is not replaceable and never will be. You are in my thoughts & prayers. <3
    BFP #1 - 10/10/11, 1st U/S 12/5/11 @ 8w, BO discovered, d&c 12/9/11. HCG @ 0 - 1/4/11.
    BFP #2 - 04/04/12, 1st Beta @ 9DPO 19, 2nd Beta @ 13 DPO 168. 1st u/s - 4/30/12 - we have a heartbeat!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    image * * PGAL/PAL/TTCAL Always Welcome! * *
  • Im so very sorry for the loss of your sweet baby girl...
    14yr old DD, 9yr old DS. BFP Oct 30, missed M/C at 9weeks November 27/11 Lilypie Pregnancy tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Oct Angel Babies
  • I am so sorry for your loss.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  May you find the strength and comfort to carry you through.  Your baby will never be replaced, she will always be your princess angel.

• I'm so sorry for your loss.  My heart breaks for you.  The ladies here are wonderful and so supportive.  The Loss board is great as well.  Sending you big, warm hugs. We are here for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards