Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Would you use Aquafor or Eucerin for rash on baby's face?

My DD has a bit of a rash on her face.  She started to break out about 5 days ago on one side of her face.  (It looks like baby acne.)  It is slowly getting better, but has spread to the other side of her face and forehead.  My theory is that her face broke out from my makeup.  I haven't worn makeup since she's been born (too tired & not enough time) until about a week ago when I wore makeup 3 days in a row.  Then lo and behold, she breaks out, but only on her face.  After those 3 days, I haven't worn makeup as I didn't want to further irritate her face in case that is the cause.

My MIL thinks it is from washing her clothes with ours.  I rarely mix up our laundry, but on occasion have washed an item of hers with ours, or an item of ours with hers.  I use perfume and dye free laundry soap and fabric sheets.  I don't think her breakouts have anything with the laundry as she's been fine until just recently, plus she is only breaking out on her face.

MIL also said we should apply Aquafor or Eucerin on the rash/breakouts on her face.  MIL has had some pretty bizarre advice so far, ALL of it our pedi has said not to do.  I'm going to call the pedi tomorrow about the rash and using Aquafor/Eucerin, but wanted to see what the bumpies thought.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Would you use Aquafor or Eucerin for rash on baby's face?

• I've heard of a lot of people using Aquaphor and Eucerin. But I personally used Baby Aveeno Eczema Therapy, and it worked wonders! I actually continue to use it, because it's not scented and it keeps her skin so soft.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I would probably use it. I know a lot of pediatricians recommend aquaphor.
  • Loading the player...
  • hey lady :)

I have put aquaphor on Lizzie's feet due to her big toes having cracks on them from being dry. I think I would leave a rash alone though. If its some kind of irritation you wouldnt want to irritate it further.

• imageruby soho:

hey lady :)

I have put aquaphor on Lizzie's feet due to her big toes having cracks on them from being dry. I think I would leave a rash alone though. If its some kind of irritation you wouldnt want to irritate it further.

HAHA!  I know you!  Wink

Yeah, I've used Aquafor on Avery's feet as well, but that it sounded strange to use on her face for a rash/breakouts.  I've just left it alone so far and it seems to be slowly getting better.

• I don't think I would put anything on it unless the pedi says its ok. :)
  • I used aquafor on dry skin on her eyebrows and it cleared up right 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers IMG_20120429_220657 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have heard of success with both.  I prefer Aquaphor, we have the large tub of it in both bathrooms and at the changing station.  Both of my babies got baby acne around the 1 month mark, J had it worse than C does and I think it's because I use the aquaphor more on her.  Use it right before you take her out of the tub, you only need a small amount, it feels like soft butter in the warm water and if she's greasy after you apply and pat dry, then you put on too much.  This is all advice from my well respected & now retired dermatologist.  Our pedi also told us to use it.  GL!
  • DD#2 has really dry skin on her forehead and on her temples. I use the Eucerin Calming Creme and it really helps. My pedi actually gave a sh!t ton of little samples and told me to use it on her.  I also used it too on my DS when he was an infant he had really bad eczema on his cheeks and temples. It really helped clear it up. I say go ahead and get some and use it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersimage Photobucket
  • u will see eucerin and aquafor is the same thing i use aquafor body wash and the cream stuff for diaper rash works wonders :D
  • I have put Aquafor on DS's face many times (he had really dry patches). It worked wonders. I also use the Aveeno Eczema care cream on his face now that I have the dry patches under control.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Do you breastfeed her? Because you could put some breastmilk on the rash and it will clear up within the day. But I would say yes you can put the Eucerin on the "rash". I put it on my daughter's bumps and dry, flaky skin after the bath and it makes it so soft and smooth afterwards. If I notice something on her between bath times, I put breastmilk on it and normally it clears up within hours.
  • We had the same thing happen. It turned out to be seborrhic dermatitis (sp?). I've had the best luck with aquaphor on her face. It works better if you wash/wet the skin first so it can lock in the moisture. We use it all over every night. Her skin cleared up big time! I've tried eucerin, triple cream, Vaseline, coconut oil and aveeno but aquaphor was the best for us. I also use aquaphors baby soap.
  • My pedi recommended Aquaphor for ds dry skin so I would guess you could use it for a rash.

• For the baby acne what worked for my daughter which she is 6 weeks she got that too. I gave her a bath with lettuce water it may sound funny but it works!! I boiled water with lettuce for about five min after simmering. then got the lettuce out and used that water to bathe her like in a regular bath. and in 3 days of bathing her with lettuce water they disapered! its a natural way of getting rid of the baby acne. hope it helps
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"