Oregon Babies

Portland-Area Daycare Input

DH and I have been researching daycares and have narrowed it down to a few choices.  DS will be 3 months when I return back to work and as of now he will be going 4 to 5 days per week. 

Has anyone heard anything about these places, positive or negative:  Alberta Schoolhouse in NE or Little Pandas in NE

Also, if anyone has any recs for daycare (in-home or centers) in the North/NE/NW areas I would love to hear them! 

Photobucket

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Portland-Area Daycare Input

• Basil goes to Peninsula Children's Center in North Portland, and we love them! Ive never met the infant teachers(she was 18months when she started there) but the toddler teachers and preschool teachers are amazing, as are all the administration. Also, their rates are income based, so it's not too pricey. I believe they have openings now for all rooms, I didn't look at your ticker to see how old LO was now though, so current opening might not matter.

You can call them and speak to Natalie, the enrollment director, and she can set you up with a tour and such. Great people! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imagebrownmouse:

Basil goes to Peninsula Children's Center in North Portland, and we love them! Ive never met the infant teachers(she was 18months when she started there) but the toddler teachers and preschool teachers are amazing, as are all the administration. Also, their rates are income based, so it's not too pricey. I believe they have openings now for all rooms, I didn't look at your ticker to see how old LO was now though, so current opening might not matter.

You can call them and speak to Natalie, the enrollment director, and she can set you up with a tour and such. Great people! 

Oh, haha! Your LO isn't even born yet! I feel silly talking about current openings now. :)

I'm sure Natalie would still be happy to show you around so you can get a feel for the place. You can also add your LO's name to the list and let them know when you'd be needing care so when the time gets closer, they will know you'd like a spot and can keep you in mind when offering out spots to families. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Whoa, brownmouse, you're in Portland? We were on the baby boards together; I though you were in WA? Basil's still adorable :)

OP:

Look at First Gear Academy. It's on Swan Island. That sounds far away, but it's actually really quick if you're near Interstate or Greeley. We toured it when DD was a baby and thought it was nice. She was on the wait list, but we had to change our plans for work-related reasons.

Now she's at Mrs Teapot's Tiny Tots, near Interstate and Lombard. It's in-home. It's mainly a few toddlers, but she's taking some babies now, too. Honestly, it doesn't look like much and she's not much of a salesperson, but she is very good with the kids and they are all well-behaved and happy. DD loves it there.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hi Peachypear!

I live in North Portland and have been thinking about moving my LO (he's 19 months) to a new daycare. We really need to cut costs. Mrs Teapot's Tiny Tots is close by and I have been interested but would like to hear more. What do you like about it? Anything you would change?  Thanks!!! This is the first time we've considered an in-home place and I'm nervous.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"