Maine Babies
Options

Need some advice...

Hailey has gotten herself on the weirdest schedule!! She is usually up for the day between 9:30-10:30. she will be up for about 2 hours then go down for a nap. The nap will be sooooo looonnggg. 4-5 hours! Which has her awake around 6-7pm. Then she will not go down for the night until between 10:30-Midnight. Sometimes she will snooze a bit between 8-9:30 for a half hour or so too. I try to see if she will go down then but she wakes up immediately once I out her down.

While I am not working this is no biggie but going to bed by midnight at the latest then up at 6-7am to eat will make me a walking zombie at work (b/c there will be no point in going back to sleep if I need her up and ready to get to the sitter so I can get to work on time). She used to go down around 10-10:30 and wake between 5-6am then again around 9-10am. She got off of that somehow!

Anyway, WWYD in my situation? I HATE waking her from her naps. I have tried it several times (including yesterday) and she's a cranky mess. It just doesn;t work. I find myself between a rock and a hard place! Thanks for any advice!!  

Re: Need some advice...

• Options

Meredith did this to herself as well. She's now going to sleep closer to 11pm every night instead of 9-10.?

But in the morning I make sure to open the curtains to let light in and she'll wake herself up slowly. Also during naps, I don't shut the lights off and I leave all the curtains open. Her naps tend to be shorter that way. She sleeps a lot longer if the room is darker.

Have you tried blowing on her to wake her up? Maybe tickling her neck? Anything gentle to ease her out of sleep and allow her to wake up the rest of the way by herself. That's what I usually do for Meredith if I need her up.

I could always send over my dogs. They have a knack to doing just the one thing that will wake meredith up. Especially when I need her to stay sleeping. ?

• Options

the only thing i can think of is to wake her after 2 hours of nap... but if she's a cranky mess, you may have to do it for a couple days to get her straightened out. You can also try to get her up earlier and see if that doesn't adjust her schedule... if she's waking at 9:30am then i'd get her up at 9 for 2-3 days, then 8:30 for a couple more and see if that doesn't sort her out... also, is there an afternoon nap that is messing her up? DD had to drop her third nap or she'd go to bed at 10:30-11pm... so we just started keeping her up, she's still keeping her (back to) normal bedtime of 7:30/8pm, but like today she took that nap and she's still awake at 9:30...

but DD takes her first nap of the day first thing in the morning (directly after breakfast) so i'd say that part is normal. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemelsie:

the only thing i can think of is to wake her after 2 hours of nap... but if she's a cranky mess, you may have to do it for a couple days to get her straightened out. You can also try to get her up earlier and see if that doesn't adjust her schedule... if she's waking at 9:30am then i'd get her up at 9 for 2-3 days, then 8:30 for a couple more and see if that doesn't sort her out... also, is there an afternoon nap that is messing her up? DD had to drop her third nap or she'd go to bed at 10:30-11pm... so we just started keeping her up, she's still keeping her (back to) normal bedtime of 7:30/8pm, but like today she took that nap and she's still awake at 9:30...

but DD takes her first nap of the day first thing in the morning (directly after breakfast) so i'd say that part is normal. 

The weird part is that she only takes 1 LONG nap! Right now its 6:45 my time and she went down close to 2pm! She was up at 10:30 tho and snoozed a bit around noon.

• Options
    imageCrazycrustacean:

Meredith did this to herself as well. She's now going to sleep closer to 11pm every night instead of 9-10. 

But in the morning I make sure to open the curtains to let light in and she'll wake herself up slowly. Also during naps, I don't shut the lights off and I leave all the curtains open. Her naps tend to be shorter that way. She sleeps a lot longer if the room is darker.

Have you tried blowing on her to wake her up? Maybe tickling her neck? Anything gentle to ease her out of sleep and allow her to wake up the rest of the way by herself. That's what I usually do for Meredith if I need her up.

I could always send over my dogs. They have a knack to doing just the one thing that will wake meredith up. Especially when I need her to stay sleeping.  

Good idea about the lights. It getting dark earlier now so she ends her nap in the dark. I will have to keep her light on all day but at least once it gets dark outside it wont be dark in her room.

And yes I'll take your dogs! haha they are cute and could play with mine. I'l let them in and slide all over my hardwood floors. That will get them up!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"