January 2012 Moms
Options

What are you using to get baby's footprints at hospital?

Are you bringing a baby book that has a spot for the footprints? I don't have a baby book, just one of those memory calendars. What could I use instead of buying a baby book?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: What are you using to get baby's footprints at hospital?

• Options
    What about some scrapbook pages? You could also get some plain cardstock and then you could frame it, put it in an album, whatever you decide. You can get cardstock at Office Depot or Staples, places like that and of course stores like Michaels and Hobby Lobby have a large selection of neat scrapbook pages if you have those in your area.

• Options
    Check with the hospital. They usually have their own cards they give you for safekeeping.  They gave us like 3 last time on thick paper with all the baby's info on it, so you don't have to bring your own at all.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm going to use plain cardstock. Our baby book pages have a semi-gloss finish.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think I will bring cardstock! Thanks!

Do they do hand prints too? (sorry if that is a dumb question...)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I did it on plain cardstock last time. 
    This time I'm also planning on putting his footprints on a big sister t-shirt for DD but I need to find the right kind of paint to use.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I know this won't help but we are using the baby book.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I was totally lurking on your board however, there is a beautiful book called "On the night you were born..." by Nancy Tillman.  I plan on bringing that and putting the baby's footprints inside the cover.  The book tells the story about how mother nature celebrated the night you were born.  It is a wonderful book!  My mom got it at Barnes and Noble...but I just saw it on Amazon for less than $8!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I would like the hospital to put his footprints in a baby memory book I'm bringing.  My MIL got my husband a tee shirt that says Kinsler's Dad on it and she said the hospital will put hand or footprints on it too.  Also the book One The Day You Were Born is $5 at Kohl's right now.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We're bringing some cardstock.  This was recommended by the nurse who taught our L&D classes.  She said that if you do the prints directly in the baby book or something and LO scrunches up their foot or moves suddenly, you probably won't get a good, clear footprint.  Bringing cardstock lets you try as many times as you want until you get a print you're satisfied with and that looks like a footprint instead of a blob :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

DD 1/3/2012
    BFP 5/21/2013 MC 5/24/2013
    BFP 7/16/2013 EDD 3/27/2014
  • Options

My Grandma got us something similar to this for Christmas:

https://www.amazon.com/Carters-Handprint-Footprint-Flower-Frames/dp/B0055TJQWY

Its a hanging frame and it came with ink to do at home. I thought it was a really good idea. Our baby book has a spot for he hand and footprint so I figured I would use the ink pad and do it in the book as well. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerVisit my Etsy shop for adorable baby bows: Rachelle's Baby Boutique
  • Options
    I'm just going to use whatever they give us in the hospital and put it into her scrapbook. If it's awful I figure I can always cut around the little footprints and put them on a page that way. Or I can just do the footprints myself at home later, no biggie.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagetalitha712:
    We're bringing some cardstock.  This was recommended by the nurse who taught our L&D classes.  She said that if you do the prints directly in the baby book or something and LO scrunches up their foot or moves suddenly, you probably won't get a good, clear footprint.  Bringing cardstock lets you try as many times as you want until you get a print you're satisfied with and that looks like a footprint instead of a blob :)

Exactly this.  I'm using acid-free white cardstock. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"