D.C. Area Babies

Baby's first Christmas!

It was so much fun! He obviously didn't understand what was going on, but we gave him a Radio Flyer wooden toddler trike, and when we took the blanket from over it, he reached right for it and started to push it around. Then one of his grandpas gave him a fire truck and he went crazy for it. So cute. The third most fascinating thing was a box of tissues - he figured out that he could pull them out and was totally absorbed.

The grandparents went a little nuts with gifts, and really, we probably didn't need to give him the toys we bought.  It seemed like the presents were never-ending. We had to take several breaks to keep him occupied.

He is definitely my child - he shoved handfuls of mashed potatoes and stuffing into his mouth at dinner. We also gave him a teeny taste of homemade ice cream and he was completely uninterested.

By the end of the day he had several meltdowns, and I assumed it was because of excitement and a delayed nap, but then he chomped down hard while nursing (ouch!), and I thought to check his mouth. Sure enough, one corner of tooth #5 is poking through, and tooth #6 seems ready to burst through. So he's been grumpy and miserable. I hope they break through soon.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby's first Christmas!

• imagemssaint:

The third most fascinating thing was a box of tissues - he figured out that he could pull them out and was totally absorbed.

This made me laugh because it's so accurate.

I'm glad you had a nice holiday.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"