April 2011 Moms

Baby pic Monday! 12/27/11

Happy Monday - hopefully everyone is getting a little downtime this week!

IMG_5234

The next Baby Pic Monday will be in 2012!  So let's do some 2011 re-cap! :)

Biggest surprise about being a mom?  How amazing it is to see DD grow and change almost every day!

Anything you expected that has turned out not to be correct?  I really didn't realize how much it is true that every baby is so different!  All advice needs to be taken with a grain of salt :)  Also, I sort of assumed that my baby would be one of the ones who is doing everything early, but instead she is taking her time with most of the physical milestones - but she is still growing up way too fast!

How much has LO grown since birth?  I believe she has gained about 11lbs and grown about 7 inches!  It is amazing to look at the photos from April!

STTN?  Sometimes.  Lately she is waking up again at 3am, but going right back to sleep after eating, so it isn't too bad.

Milestones?  She is soooo close to crawling.  She still only rolls from back to tummy, and hasn't done tummy to back.  She makes the sounds 'da', 'fa', and 'ba'.  And she eats pretty much anything we put in front of her!

Favorite toy?  She got a little piano for Christmas and loves to play it!  (It is the Melissa & Doug Learn to Play Piano - highly recommend!)

Mom's favorite item?  Our Ergo, for sure.  She will go in the stroller sometimes, but loves to be up at our height so she can make eye contact with people.

What an amazing year it has been!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
bfp 4/8/2010, m/c 4/16/2010
bfp 7/31/2010, dd born 4/2011
bfp 2/7/2014, edd 10/19/2014, m/c 2/25/2014
bfp 5/22/2014, edd 1/27/2015, MMC 6/30/2014, D&C 7/8/2014

Re: Baby pic Monday! 12/27/11

• Presents!

Sitting pretty on our way to church:

Momma's little Christmas elf, getting ready to go to the grandparents' house:

Biggest surprise about being a mom?  How, even on the hardest days, I don't really miss my previous life all that much. Also, how the love for my child is so different from any other kind of love.

Anything you expected that has turned out not to be correct?  I tried to go into motherhood with as few expectations as possible. I can't think of anything that has shocked me.... Oh, maybe that "babies sleep all the time". Yeah, right. Not my baby. She decided naps were for sissies very early on.

How much has LO grown since birth?  She has gained about 11 lbs and about 9 inches since birth! Holy crap.

STTN?  More or less. Certainly by definition, yes.

Milestones?  She is very mobile, though she's not quite crawling. She does what I call the leap frog and the inch worm. She also is a rolling machine and she's starting to pull up but just to her knees. She can also now get herself from sitting to all 4s and vice versa. Oh, and she has 8 teeth!! ETA: Shaindel reminded me of this. She started waving this week.

Favorite toy?  Honestly? Probably her "donut stacker" (what the heck is that called?) We have lots of toys with all the bells and whistles, but she likes the simple stuff.

Mom's favorite item?  Hmmm... well, early on it was the boppy and her swaddleme/halso swaddle. I'm not sure I have a current favorite.

What an amazing year it has been! AMEN!

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Biggest surprise about being a mom?  Probably how natural everything feels to me.

Anything you expected that has turned out not to be correct?  For some reason I thought my baby would take to pacifiers like it was nothing. I also assumed she'd accept any ole' bottle/nipple combo I gave her. I was wrong on both accounts!

How much has LO grown since birth?  She's gained around 14lbs and grown around 7 inches longer.

STTN?  Yes

Milestones?  She can sit up, crawl, pull herself to standing, cruise and has even stood up without holding on to anything from 30-45 seconds! However, our latest milestone is that she's been saying "baba" and "dada". She also got her first tooth about a week ago!

Favorite toy?  She loves her xylophone.

Mom's favorite item?  Used to be the boppy now I'd say it's I guess our Lay-Z-Boy, it gives us some nice one-on-one time!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I couldn't pick just one. Sorry!

LiamDrumming

Liam flipped over the box that a present was shipped in and started hitting it with his rattle. Improvised percussion session!
    IMG_1518

Liam in awe over his B. Zany Zoo learning cube :-)

The next Baby Pic Monday will be in 2012!  So let's do some 2011 re-cap! :)

Biggest surprise about being a mom?  How much of a personality babies have... I honestly had no idea. They didn't even seem like "people" before I had one. Now, every time I see a baby, I realize how different they all are. Liam really is his own, little person!

Anything you expected that has turned out not to be correct?  Everyone told me how much I would miss him when I'm at work. That I'd cry at my desk, etc. I mean, obviously, I love him. But I'm still more comfortable at work than with a baby. Being a parent feels like I'm on a hidden camera show, and something crazy can happen at any minute. Like this morning when I was chasing him around because there was poo creeping out of the back of his diaper! (They don't prepare you for THAT in grad school.) Work is still a nice, controlled, relaxing place where I know what the heck I'm doing. Whew! 

How much has LO grown since birth?  I'm guessing he weighs about 18 lbs now. I was so excited when he was back up to 5 lbs after he lost his initial weight at the hospital. He was 4 lbs, 13 oz when we brought him home. Amazing!

STTN?  Sometimes.  Lately she is waking up again at 3am, but going right back to sleep after eating, so it isn't too bad. <---This, except for gender of LO :-)

Milestones?  He crawls all over and cruises! Sometimes he stands without holding on to anything but he falls right back down :-( He waves "hi" and "bye" now, and says "mama" and "dada," but he doesn't always get right who's who. One day, he called us both "Mama-Dada" and "Dada-Mama," which was hilarious :-) 

Favorite toy?  He got a LeapFrog "My Pal Scout" and LOVES when Scout says his name and some friends got him a baby boy Stella doll, so he can "Be like Daddy" :-) He kisses his baby ALL the time. 

Mom's favorite item?  He's not an "item," but Jared being a SAHD... I can't imagine this working without him being such an awesome parent.

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Waiting (patiently) for presents...

Eating ribs (followed by brisket and pulled pork...great dinner) for Christmas dinner...

Biggest surprise about being a mom?  Nothing that I can think of...oh, maybe that everybody (and I mean everybody) has some advice/opinion on what you should/shouldn't be doing and they have no problem telling you.

Anything you expected that has turned out not to be correct?  I prepared to have a baby with colic (my brother had colic and was born when I was 16 so I helped with him), thankfully Chloe doesn't!

How much has LO grown since birth?  WAY too much!  At least 7 inches and about 12 pounds!

STTN?  Yup, she's a great nighttime sleeper, down at 8 (ish) up at 8 (ish)

Milestones?  Crawling, pulling up, cruising, walking behind one of those walking toys (whatever they are actually called), walking while holding your fingers (her favorite), stands by herself for about 15 seconds, dances like a crazy baby (bounces that little booty) sitting herself up (makes me smile everytime, still), two teeth popped out and two more are on there way, she babbles/screams/squeals/makes every noise imaginable, except mama :-(

Favorite toy?  Currently anything that can be smashed onto something else to make noise or a toy that plays music so she can dance.

Mom's favorite item?  Baby gates!  My life would be so much crazier without them!  And the cats love them so they can hide from the crazy baby crawling around to torture them.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"