Pre-School and Daycare
Options

anyone have to give their LO an enema?

UGH!!!

Ds has a  fecal impaction and is leaking poop out around it...seriously ick going on here in this house...

I have to give him an enema and so nervous! If you have done it can you give me your experience and tips?!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: anyone have to give their LO an enema?

• Options

EWWW

I've given a suppository for tylenol before - I wouldn't say it was a fun event, but not too bad. 

Its easier for me to lay her on her left side, kneel next to her and hold her right thigh/knee down w/ my left hand and then just super quick w/ my right hand/middle finger push the suppository in.  I normally tell her what I'm going to do and tell her we'll have ice cream afterward.  Get everything ready before and jsut do it as fast as you can.  Put some vaeline on your hand/finger.

You know you're a real mom after this - someday there will be T-shirts!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had to.  :(  I got a regular fleet's enema and got about half of it in.  He was supposed to hold it before going, but ended up on the toliet soon after.  DS was hospitalized due to his constipation. 
    Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have had to twice (seperate incidences).   I told DD it was medicine that goes in her butt and that it would help her poop and feel better.  I opened the instructions and showed her the 2 ways it said she could lay and I let her chose which way.  She chose the one with her butt in the air.  I explained what I was doing as I did it and she was cool with it.  I had a towel under her and not kidding each it worked within minutes!!

eta:  I used a children's fleet.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagemrs_sexy:
    I had to.  :(  I got a regular fleet's enema and got about half of it in.  He was supposed to hold it before going, but ended up on the toliet soon after.  DS was hospitalized due to his constipation. 

uh oh...I'm nervous this will be him too.

I only got 1/4 way through it and he was freaking out, he did poop right away,but I guess it wasnt enough.

he is still having lots of small accidents and it happens suddenly.

im worried about him..

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"