C-sections

Scheduled c-section yesterday for ~3 weeks from now...

I scheduled my c-section yesterday for a little less than 3 weeks from now. My OB didn't schedule me any other OB appts. Is this normal to not be seen anymore once a c-section has been scheduled? Also, do I bring up my questions/concerns at pre-op or do I need to call my OB and talk to them with her?

TIA!

Re: Scheduled c-section yesterday for ~3 weeks from now...

• no...I always see my dr.'s every week at the end up until the scheduled section.  I find it slightly strange they aren't seeing you until that day because you could still go into labor, and have other things go on in the last few weeks of pregnancy.  I would call and make sure you aren't supposed to be seen...because they usually still check for progression, protein in urine, weight, etc. 

I never see my dr. very long before my sections.  Maybe for a min. or two. Just to go over a few things.

I would ask ahead of time. 

DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • I'm scheduled for a csection on 1/11 and have two more appointments - 12/28 and 1/4.  I have NST on both dates and a growth ultrasound on 1/4.
  • Loading the player...
  • I would call back to check with your Dr. My OB didn't specifically tell me to reschedule appts in the last trimester because I was seeing her once a week. It was just part of it that I scheduled another one before I left. Maybe she forgot to mention scheduling the next appt before you left.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks! I didn't know if with a c-section they just stop with the weekly appts. or not.
  • you should be seeing Dr weekly at this stage of PG. Perhaps Dr didnt realize your apts were not made?

Also, the day before my scheduled RCS (if it happens) I have an apt with the scheduling nurse to go over everything.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
  • No. I am scheduled for a CSection on the sixth of Jan. And I have check-ups every week until then..She doesn't do a cervix check but she does a mesurement and a heartbeat test and just to catch up and see how I'm doing. Its nice and reassuring for me.
  • Ditto everyone else...  you should have an appointment every week now.  Call and make them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"