Indiana Babies
Options

if you don't SAH

do ever get anxious wondering about what you will do to entertain the kids when you have extended time off with them? It sounds terrible, but we have 4 days in a row coming up and I'm worried that I won't be able to keep them happy the whole time! Jocelyn can mostly entertain herself but Connor requires constant attention. We might try to go to Christmas at the Zoo and maybe to Garfield Park or the Children's Museum. Anything else you are planning to do over the holiday? I'll happily take suggestions from those of you who do SAH; I don't know how you do it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: if you don't SAH

• Options

Those all would have been my suggestions. Maybe Monkey Joes?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

i often resort to some sort of baking when i've run out of ideas.  audrey LOVES  helping in the kitchen so it works out well.  unfortunately i'm not sure it will help entertain connor?!

and another idea for jocelyn.....i made oobleck (it's a mixture of cornstarch and water, you can add food coloring to it if you want) one day and she was mesmerized.  i put her in her high chair, just as a way to contain any of the messy-ness.  she sat and played with it for over an hour!  she loved it! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageambigs:

i often resort to some sort of baking when i've run out of ideas.  audrey LOVES  helping in the kitchen so it works out well.  unfortunately i'm not sure it will help entertain connor?!

and another idea for jocelyn.....i made oobleck (it's a mixture of cornstarch and water, you can add food coloring to it if you want) one day and she was mesmerized.  i put her in her high chair, just as a way to contain any of the messy-ness.  she sat and played with it for over an hour!  she loved it! 

That stuff is awesome!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I mostly SAH, but one of the ways I entertain DD is to get out of the house in general. Whether it's a trip to target, Mcdonalds playland, or lunch somewhere, I find that it breaks up the day enough that  I don't feel like I'm constantly trying to entertain her. I usually try to go in the middle of the day (either just before or just after her naptime). Plus a trip to those places is going to be cheaper than some of the other kid specific places (like the zoo, etc).

Another suggestion would be a place where you paint your own pottery. I'm sure Jocelyn would love it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"