Pre-School and Daycare

Intro and rant

Hi everyone! I hope that everyone is having a wonderful Christmas eve! I'm a mom to an almost four year old little boy! Such a fun age!  DS has currently been out of school since Wed., because of a double ear infection and a throat infection. Fun times, right? Well, now he's got head lice from school. So unhappy about that situation. A letter was given to each child, right after Thanksgiving break, about lice break outs. Lovely. So, everyday I check his head before bath and then after bath. I hadn't seen a thing until yesterday. We've been trying to explain it to him and to not talk about it with his friends, because they'll probably make fun of him and we don't want that. I've already left a message with his school, but it was after hours. I just get so upset because he was already out because someone sent their child to school with strep, which we were told about, now he has it and the lice on top of it. Boy when it rains, it sure does pour! Does anyone have any suggestions for preventing another breakout? We've cleaned the house, vacuumed, steamed the carpets, washing all clothes known to mankind, in our house. Just wondering if you all have any thoughts.  I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!
DS 2/15/08 Bfp #2 9/11/11 EDD 5/20/12 missed m/c confirmed 8w4d, no hb and baby measured 6w5d, natural m/c 10/27/11. I'll always love and miss my little May flower.

Re: Intro and rant

• Did you use the shampoo that kills the eggs,too? Basically, the critters can't live without a food source for 3 days, by bagging up stuffed animals or clothes you will solve a lot of re-infections. Boiling is very ecfective too.
    My darling daughter just turned 4 years old.
  • Thanks! We all did the shampoo treatment and bagged up all the stuffed animals. I'm just paranoid, always have been, and what to be sure that I've done all that can be done. Thanks for your input!
    DS 2/15/08 Bfp #2 9/11/11 EDD 5/20/12 missed m/c confirmed 8w4d, no hb and baby measured 6w5d, natural m/c 10/27/11. I'll always love and miss my little May flower.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"