VBAC
Options

Starting to research...

I'm not pregnant yet, but am hoping we'll be trying in the spring/summer. 

I had a c-section with DD (breech, flipped the morning of, had induction which went well, heart rate dropped badly during pushing for an extended time=c-section)

I'm starting to consider vbac vs. repeat section and would love to start researching pros and cons are there any good books/sites/etc. I could read to start with.  

I'd love a vbac (a vaginal birth would be amazing to me) but I want to be sur eit's right for me/us?

Plus I need to convince DH and when the time comes I want to be prepared to discuss it with my Dr. intelligently.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Starting to research...

• Options
    I just read this today. childbirthconnection.org/article.asp?ck=10210 I hope that's enough of the link, I'm on my phone.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Keegan Patrick - Bilateral Clubfeet found at Anatomy Scan. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker www.facebook.com/portraitave

• Options
    Thanks! Your siggy pic of your DD is adorable!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Also if you want a good documentary More Business of Being Born Volume 4 (VBAC one) is a great one to get! Maybe that's something your DH would at least be interested in watching and something that may get him more interested in the VBAC!
  • Options

I had a vbac with DD and it was definitely worth it.  I ended up having an emergency c section with DS, but had few risk factors with DD.   The recovery was immeasurably shorter and easier. 

Talk to your dr and find out if it is even an option.  Many dr.s won't even give the option.  I actually used a different dr with DD because I was told at 8 weeks that I would have a c/s.  It was without a doubt worth it. 

• Options

Thanks! I asked my Dr. If he did VBACs at my 6 week pp appointment and he said yes so fortunately I know it's an option, I just have to figure out if it's the right one for my situation.

I do feel like my c-section was caused by outside factors and in a different pregnancy a vaginal delivery would go smoothly. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"