Food Allergy
Options

Update to allergist appt

DD had her appt for testing yesterday. She still had a slight reaction, but because it wasn't a signifigant reaction, she is no longer considered allergic!! We are starting a food challenge this week with dairy in baked goods. So this morning we gave her a tiny piece of Nilla wafer and each day we give her a larger piece to see how she handles it. We have a follow up appt in 2 weeks so the allergist can see how she handled the introduction and to tell us how to proceed with introducing dairy in more pure forms (milk, cheese, yogurt, etc.).

I also asked her about the risk of future children having allergies since that is a ? that comes up on here a lot. She did say there is a higher chance that future siblings will also have allergies. Since DD's is only dairy, she told me that I would be allowed to eat dairy during my pregnancy, but about a month before delivery she wants me to stop so there is no dairy in my system for BFing. She said we would monitor the baby to see if there are any symptoms of allergies, and if not she would monitor me and the baby as I re-integrate dairy back into my system. Just figured I would pass along my dr's opinion in case it helps someone else.

imageimage

Re: Update to allergist appt

• Options

Thank you for this post.  I'm glad to hear you DD has outgrown her allergy.  We need to get my son tested to see if he's outgrown his (dairy, as well).  I'm currently pregnant and have been eating dairy, but was wondering about removing it from my diet before my due date.  I think I'm totally going to follow your Dr's recommendation to stop a month before my due date.  I'll probably mention something to my OB too, but I'm definitely going to cut dairy back out.

Thank you!  And congrats on DD being dairy allergy free!

IAmPregnant Ticker Support with Integrity
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"