Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Breastfed baby hasn't pooped in 4 days!

I read that it's normal at this age for poop patterns to change, but when should I start to worry? Four days seems a little excessive! Are any of you mommies having this issue?

Re: Breastfed baby hasn't pooped in 4 days!

• I just had this occur with my daughter at around 10 weeks.  She also didn't poop for 4 days, but it sure did come shortly after.  I called her physician just to be sure, and he said not to worry until a week; that it's normal around this point.  Just be aware you're probably going to have a really big mess soon...

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Mine hasn't either... It's been 4 or 5 days now! I recall my pedi saying it was ok with DS#1... 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • DD did that - her average was once every 21 days...  She wasn't straining and the Ped was watching the entire time.  With breastfed babies they're using the milk so efficiently that there is very litlte waste.  Of course, you need to keep an eye on things and if they're straining or anything of the sort it's either a suppository or trip back to the Ped...  Also, be prepared for the nastiest foul smelling gas you'll ever experience in your life!!  You really will say "How can a butt that small produce a stink THAT strong!"
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I guess its normal for some babies, not mine though. If you're worried you can put a 1/2 tsp of dark karo syrup into a bottle of pumped milk and it will get LO going again. I've use it with all my kids and it works great.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Totally normal.  And it changes all the time.  From 9 weeks to today (12 weeks tomorrow) he was going once a day to once every other day.  All of a sudden today he went 5 times!
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My DD only poops once a week! Pedi said it's fine as long as it looks like normal newborn poop, which it does...there's just a LOT of it when she does go :)  

Mommy to Maddie 11/11/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"