Colorado Babies

A bride and pregnant

This is a questions for the moms out there. I hope someone can ease my mind.

My fianc? and I just found out a few weeks ago that we?re expecting our first child in June. We?re both very happy and excited, but now we?re not sure what to do about our wedding. I have my dream dress, the venue, everything. If we keep the wedding day, I?ll be 7 months pregnant; definitely will not able to fit into my dress. I still want my dream wedding, so we decided to push the date until after the baby arrives. We would really like to push the wedding until the fall, like September-ish, my colors and theme will still work in the fall. I wonder though if 3 months is enough time for my body to bounce back from being pregnant to wedding dress ready.

Any thoughts? I?m stuck between planning it for a fall wedding or pushing a full year until the next April, which seems like an eternity away.

Re: A bride and pregnant

• I got engaged in dec. planned a June wedding, bought my dress in jan. found out we were expecting, ate healthy, got married in the same dress I bought (size 8) had my DD in September. 

It is possible, I mean you don't have to gain alot when pregnant. Just eat healthy talk tO your doc.  I only gained 40lbs 

Also... I'm soooooooo glad we got married before baby. I still had my dream wedding, and didn't have to worry where my baby was!  

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Hey :) We're pretty much in the same boat!  I'm getting married next september and I'm due June 5th!  I have always wanted a fall wedding so I didn't think about changing my date for a second.  My goal is to not gain more that 25 pounds during the pregnancy and to do the Briadalicious Boot Camp over the summer with my best friend.  I think that you can absolutely do it with the right support system and attitude.  Private message me if you want to talk more!  I'm DIYing a lot to save money for baby too :)
    Success is not for the chosen few but for the few who choose.
  • Loading the player...
  • We're in the same boat. We had the wedding planned for July 26 and all of our vendors were paid and the venue was booked. We found out we're expecting, I'm 7 weeks pregnant and the projected due date is a week after the wedding was scheuled. We did have to move the wedding back to September, so the baby will be almost 2 months. All of our vendors understood and didn't charge us any extra for changing the date. I also am worried about the weight gain. Just try to eat healthy and stay active as much as you can, even if it's just walking 30 minutes a day. I ran before I got pregnant and my doctor said it's ok to do a light jog for now. Good luck with everything!
  • I just had my first baby in July. I was 125lbs before pregnant and two days before our LO was born I was 150lbs. I immediately lost 20lbs, I recommend you eat as healthy as possible during your pregnancy. I rarely ever really indulged (although I don't think I was the typical pregnant woman with lots of cravings etc) . This will help loose it faster, just eat healthy and lots of water. 

I also recommend you wear a tight belly band after you deliver, it will help (it did for me atleast) to get your figure back. At your 6 week post-partum appt you will most likely get cleared to begin working out. Also, if you breastfeed that can help with some of the weight. Eat lots of veggies & water too! Congratulations on your wedding! and Good luck!! =)  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I did it! DS was about 3 months old. I was 120 before I got pregnant. I gained about 25-30 lbs while pregnant. When I checked into the hospital I was 147. When I left the hospital 6 days later I was almost 160. I don't even know how that is possible. lol. 3 months later I was down to 125-128. I had my dress altered last minute. She did the length about a month before the wedding but waited to alter the waist until 1 week before the wedding. It fit perfectly! I was stoked. It's definitely possible. I didn't diet or anything. I just ate healthy and tried not sit on the couch all day Big Smile I had a c-section so I couldn't exercise much at that point.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"