Eco-Friendly Family

Grating Soap question

For the EFF Homemade laundry detergent it says to grate the soap.

I plan on using a food processor.  Do I need to grate it first with the grating disk and then pulse it with the regular blade?

Or is it fine if I cut it into pieces and just use the regular blade?

To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew

Re: Grating Soap question

• imageToastieSimons:

For the EFF Homemade laundry detergent it says to grate the soap.

I plan on using a food processor.  Do I need to grate it first with the grating disk and then pulse it with the regular blade?

Or is it fine if I cut it into pieces and just use the regular blade?

She has good instructions in the recipe. Roughly chop and let it dry before processing on pulse. I always add a little of the powder when I do the soap because it makes it powder up nicer.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't remember the exact settings we used but I think the most important thing was to let it dry and then redo it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I chunk up the soap with a knife and then just use the blade.  I do add some of my washing powder to the food processer, it makes it go faster...... (for the powdered detergent)  When I used to make liquid, I just used an old box grater.
  • I bought one of those hand-cranking graters to use specifically for soap, because I found it was a total pain to get the soap residue off my food grater and food processor.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"