Adoption

Update on Best Interest Placement Meeting

All I can say is that I?m really disliking winter this year. For some reason it seems like NM has been hit with one storm after another. Even now as I look outside, snow continues to fall.

Due to the weather, our meeting was once again postponed (3rd time!). I do, however, have some good news. Before we found out that their caseworker (who lives in a different city) had been snowed in, and wasn?t able to make the meeting, we were able to look over a report on the kids.

We found out their names, and quite a bit more info. about them.  They don?t seem to have any severe behavior, physical, or educational problems. Based on what we read in the report, we didn?t see anything that would give us any type of hesitation about adopting them. Of course we didn?t get to speak to their case worker, so we can?t (and won?t) make any decisions until after we actually have this meeting.  Right now we?re looking at rescheduling the meeting for the beginning of January.

In the meantime, we?re going to be doing respite again. ? This time we?re going to have an 18 month boy from Dec. 30th ? Jan. 3rd.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

Re: Update on Best Interest Placement Meeting

• I just noticed that the little face next to my comment about respite isn't smiley, but frowny.  It wasn't supposed to look like that.  It's really supposed to be smiley....I actually like doing respite.  I feel like it prepares me for the real thing.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"