Pre-School and Daycare
Options

He wakes up dry - now what?

Ds has woken up dry every morning for the last month. However, he doesn't wake up at all to go to the bathroom and never has. Do I go ahead and switch to underwear and just change sheets if he can't hold it or do I keep him in a pull up until he's demonstrated that he can wake up and go potty?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: He wakes up dry - now what?

• Options
    I say put him in undies and put a waterproof pad under him just incase.  Maybe he just doesn't have to go in the middle of the night and thats a good thing for him and your familySmile
  • Options
    I'd consider waking up dry for a month fully overnight trained. I very rarely wake up to pee at night, and it's almost always an early sign of pregnancy for me if I do. My older daughter almost never wakes up at night to pee and very very rarely wets the bed (it happens a once every few months). I keep a waterproof cover over the mattress just in case.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagepenguingrrl:
    I'd consider waking up dry for a month fully overnight trained. I very rarely wake up to pee at night, and it's almost always an early sign of pregnancy for me if I do. My older daughter almost never wakes up at night to pee and very very rarely wets the bed (it happens a once every few months). I keep a waterproof cover over the mattress just in case.

Ditto this.

For some it's more about their bladders being able to make it thru the night rather than their brain being able to wake them when they need to go.

It's rare that either of mine need to get up in the middle of the night.

The ultimate crib sheet laid over their fitted sheet is awesome for those occasional accident! 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Options
    Thanks! We already have a waterproof mattress cover because he went from soaking his overnight diaper plus a diaper doubler and leaking onto the bed to holding it all night, literally overnight. 
  • Options
    That was how DD was, so I finally bit the bullet & let her were underwear to bed. Actually I had to coax her into it... she still wanted to wear her pull-ups even though she was dry every night. I have a waterproof mattress pad, and an extra waterproof pad on top of that under the fitted sheet. She has wet the bed 2 times since we made the change in March, and both times she was sick when it happened. She also never wakes up to pee during the night. I have her go before bed, then she is fine until morning. Sometimes she doesn't even have to go right away, which is totally opposite of me!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It is a personal decision.  For me, I would rather my DD sleep in a pull-up for another year than have to deal with changing wet sheets in the middle of night.  My older DD has always woken up at night to pee so once she started staying dry nightly or waking up to go, we took away the pull-ups after a few months.  My younger DD, who will be 4 in March and has been day trained since she turned 3 still does not wake up at night to pee.  The only times she did was when she had an ear infection or if it is within the hour after she falls to sleep or about an hour before her normal wake up time.  She is just a really deep sleeper.  She wakes up dry about 90% of the time - she can go months with waking up dry all the time and then have a week where she is wet every morning.  I am just not ready to deal with accidents like that.  I will switch her once she starts waking up to pee - an accident every so often is one thing but when she sleeps through it, no way for me.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"