2nd Trimester
Options

..all this talk of names...?

so i saw my Grandma, who doesnt like ANYTHING, and she said she didnt like our names. what do yall think?

boy: Levi Wade Cook

girl: Delilah Belle Cook

(his family trad is passing down the middle name Wade and mine is sharing intials, mine are DBC, so i want my daughters to be the same)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ..all this talk of names...?

• Options

love love love names

dnt chnge 

• Options
    You get to name your child whatever you want. That being said, those are not my style. 

can't get the ticker to work, but I have two sons:

Baby RJ, born 1/25/2014

Formerly Twilightmv
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like them!  Forget about what anyone else thinks!
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options

imageTwilightMV:
    You get to name your child whatever you want. That being said, those are not my style. 

This. 

BFP - March 31st 2013 - MC on April 6th 2013<br>
    BFP - May 11th 2013 - MC on May 15th 2013<br>
    BFP - June 22nd 2013 - MC on June 30th 2013<br>
    BFP - September 2013 - MC September 2013<br>
    BFP - October 31, 2013 - December 17th - found out baby stopped growing at 7wks - natural MC December 20th 2013

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

For a girl, we like Aubrey Ryan, my grandmother was disgusted.

The way i see it, it's my child, not yours.

Name it what you want.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This is yet another clear example of why you shouldn't share names.  
  • Options
    Those are perfectly nice names.  You'll never find names that make everyone happy.  If you're happy, go with it.
  • Options
    oh yah, i really dont care what my Grandma thinks, she has never liked anything that has come out of me, my hair, clothes, the way i stand, "my attitude", ect. her opinion really doesnt matter to me. but the rest of my family is not to crazy about the names either. personally, i think that is just proof that i still have a little flavor left in my style. LOL. my sister named her boy, Jacob (which is a FINE name, but it has been the most popular name for 10 years straight) and my mom likes, Mary Grace.. again, a fine name, but not even close to our style! so i guess, i was just looking for a non-biased opinion, or confirmation.
  • Options

I think we'll tell everyone that our name of choice is something idiotic, like Shaqueequa-ladeedah or Roostifus.  (You pronounce the "dash" in Shaqueequadashladeedah.)  People will NOT rain on my parade. 

I LOVE LEVI.

Delilah Belle sounds like this to me, but that might be what you're after:

• Options

imagecloud9climber:

Exactly! 

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

Grandma can love or hate anything she wants. 

You and the dad get to name the baby anything you want.

Everyone will live through it. 

Mother of  Sable Rene' & Clifton Michael
    Blog    Names
  • Options

NMS but no one else's opinion should matter but you and your DH's :)

And agree with the PP, this is just another reason why we don't share names.

DC1 (2.5) | DC2 (1) | #3 due 6.1.2012
  • Options

imagecloud9climber:

This! I learned it the hard way...

Stephanie Ella ~ 6/15/2012
  • Options
    so when yall say "not to share names," do you mean, you wait until you are all at the hospital, the baby is out, and you announce the name?  then if they dont like the name, who cares? its not like they are going to tell you, after you've just given birth and told the nurse already, that they dont liek the name? thats GENIUS!
  • Options
    imagePrincessMenace:

boy: Levi Wade Cook

girl: Delilah Belle Cook

Don't change. It's your baby, and you already said she doesn't like anything anyway, so maybe she's just being cantankerous. Me personally, I love the names, especially love the boy name...that was my second choice! If we have another boy, I most definitely want to name him Levi!!!

p.s.  We're not sharing the name with family and friends either until after birth. (even though I've shared it here.) We just tell them it'll be a surprise! And who cares what they think, anyway!!

• Options
    If it feels right do it. The only people that need to love those names are you and you DH. I think both names are cute, especially Delilah :) They both appeal to my Texas-ness.  I know many people won't like the name I have chosen for DD, but in the words of Colonel Ludlow (Brad Pitt's father in Legends of the Fall) "Screw 'Em!".
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"