Two Under 2

how long?

When i got pregnant with my daughter it was totally not planned. So Im wondering how long it took to get pregnant with number 1 and 2 and even 3 or 4. We are thinking about trying again but since the last time was a huge surprise Im wondering what I can do to help prepare my body to get pregnant again?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: how long?

• We got pregnant with both our DD and DS the 1st month trying. We were very blessed...
  • #1 shocked and surprised us... 

#2 - 2 months - we were foolish and I had major Catholic guilt that we shouldn't say no to the possibility of another baby...

#3 - 1 week off of the ring, and still using trojan condoms

I guess drink the water in our house?

• Loading the player...
  • 15 months with DD#1

Oopsie this time.

They were right when they warned me that nothing makes you more fertile than having a baby.   

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
  • I got pregnant in 5 months with our first, the second was a surprise and it was just one time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • #1 first cycle trying, miscarriage at 9 weeks

#2 DS - 5 months really trying

#3 this one - 2 months trying 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • #1 - second month of trying
    #2 - first month of trying

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 29 cycles (1 missed m/c, 1 lost twin, 8 iui's and 3 IVF's to conceive #1)

4 months trying on our own for #2

HUGE difference!!

Our miracle IVF baby - D 6/09 & J - Surprise! born 9/10!!!
  • #1 - tried for 10 months on our own, then 5 treated cycles, including 2 IUI's

#2 - first month we tried, still a little shocked that it actually happened that fast!

image image image
  • #1 - 2 years and many many fertility treatments including IVF.

#2 - caught the first ovulation post-weaning even though the doctors told us it was all but impossible and that we needed to head back for IVF ASAP if we wanted another child.

Bottom line is that it's NORMAL for it to take up to 6 months.

Best thing you can do to successfully conceive is to know your cycles and be aware of when you're ovulating (and of course have sex daily during the right time which is the 3-5 days prior to ovulation and 1-2 days after).

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • #1 first month of trying

#2 after 3 months of trying

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • #1 - 5 months

#2 - 5 years and had to do IVF/ICSI because we were diagnosed with MFI, PCOS, and egg factor. Was told "medically speaking" IVF was the only option from here on out

#3 - Just found out. TOTAL SURPRISE BFP! Just had my miracle 4.5 months ago and this blew our minds. We were planning on using our embryo that is frozen this summer actually.

My best advice - start keeping up with your periods and when you have sex. My doc told us 6 months TTC after a second child is perfectly normal but after that you may need to come in to do a little testing to check for ovulation and all. Get on prenatals and don't stress too much. Leave the stress for when there is actually issues you need to deal with lol! Best of luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"