Multiples
Options

Twin Moms beta levels

I tested on Monday with a Beta level of 59 which was 7 days after IVF transfer.

Last time I was an Beta level 8 11 days after transfer.

I go in tomorrow for another blood test. Did your beta go up a lot? Was it high with your twins?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Twin Moms beta levels

• Options

congrats!

how many embies did you transfer?  with ICSI or no?

betas really don't tell you much... there are tons with high betas who have one baby, and tons of us on here with regular betas who had multiples. My twin and singleton betas were very similar.

only time will tell - congrats on your pg!!!  Your first US will tell!! :)

I used to be Goldie_locks_5 but the new nest is so screwed up that I was forced to start over.
    imageimage
  • Options

betas tell you nothing. i wish this misinfo could be wiped off the internet.

i have twins, and my beta at 14dpo was 90 and at 16dpo 172....

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You can check out the FAQ's at the top of the page to see lots of people's betas, but basically betas are not a good indication of multiples. You can see my one beta after IUI in my siggy- on the high side, but others with multiples were low. You'll have to wait for an ultrasound to find out how many! FX for you the next few days- I know how hard beta hell can be!
  • Options
    Congratulations on your pregnancy! To answer your question, my beta was actually low. I thought I was having a m/c and had it drawn. Needless to say, finding out I was having twins was a HUGE surprise after a very low beta!
  • Options

Mine were a little high for a singleton, but within a normal range from betabase.info for a singleton (or triplets, haha).  They don't tell you much, though they did slightly more than double.  I don't know what would be typical for me for a singleton pregnancy as I never had them drawn for a successful pg with a single baby.

Good luck and congratulations!

• Options
    imagetootlebug:

betas tell you nothing. i wish this misinfo could be wiped off the internet.

Amen!

Me: PCOs DH: Perfect!
    4 Fresh IVF cycles + 1 FET where embies didn't survive the thaw = 2 perfect little men!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    sFET 11/9/11 - Beta 11/18 BFP!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imageUsedToBeGoldie:

congrats!

betas really don't tell you much... there are tons with high betas who have one baby, and tons of us on here with regular betas who had multiples. My twin and singleton betas were very similar.

Thank you for all the info.  I had no idea the beta run so different each pregnancy.

We transfer 2 again. Transfered 2 last time & got our son. No ICSI. Frozen cycle again. My tubes are just blocked thanks to endo.  Hoping for 3U2!!

• Options
    It can really go either way with multiples.  No beta is a given.  My beta was 118 at 14 dpiui with Hudson and Landry.  GL tomorrow!
  • Options
    imageCourtneySue:
    imageUsedToBeGoldie:

congrats!

Thank you for all the info.  I had no idea the beta run so different each pregnancy.

We transfer 2 again. Transfered 2 last time & got our son. No ICSI. Frozen cycle again. My tubes are just blocked thanks to endo.  Hoping for 3U2!!

Congrats on the BFP.

I have to to say that I hate to be negative, but I don't think you should be hoping for 3 under 2.  I always find it interesting when people say they're hoping for twins.  There's actually a TON of risks with a multiples pregnancy.  It's very stressful.  I wouldn't wish it on anyone, and I think people should completely do their research on this, because there's a lot more to it than you realize.  It's a great story just be like "yeah, twins OMG, so cool!"

• Options
    imageTaylorandMel:
    imageCourtneySue:
    imageUsedToBeGoldie:

congrats!

Congrats on the BFP.

I have to to say that I hate to be negative, but I don't think you should be hoping for 3 under 2.  I always find it interesting when people say they're hoping for twins.  There's actually a TON of risks with a multiples pregnancy.  It's very stressful.  I wouldn't wish it on anyone, and I think people should completely do their research on this, because there's a lot more too it than you realize.  It's a great story just be like "yeah, twins OMG, so cool!"

All of this. I get accused of being a negative Nancy, but I have a hard time with people hoping or wishing for twins. I am thrilled to be having 2 babies now that the shock has worn off, but I still would've much rather have had them one at a time.

Best of luck to you at your ultrasound.  :)

• Options
    From one Missouri momma to another, congrats on your pregnancy!  I dont know what my actual betas were, but when I found out there was 2 at 20 weeks my doc was shocked and said my levels were always normal.

Spontaneous Di/Di twin boys born at 34 weeks on 02/21/2011
    Baby #3 due January 2016
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    My betas are in my siggy. There is a great website called betabase.infoMy betas were always in the twin range, but I have a friend who just got a beta (her 1st afterHer FET) & her level was over 4000 which was off the charts for triplets, but she is having a Singleton.

Wedding Fall 2007 Off OCP's since 9/08-started with BBT charts Saw Ob/gyn May 2009 Blood work normal except single copy of MTHFR Clomid 50mg May 2009 Clomid 50mg + IUI June 2009 Femara 5mg + IUI July 2009 Normal HSG July 2009 Femara 5mg + ovidrel+IUI August 2009 Femara 5mg +ovidrel + IUI September 2009 November 2009-normal lap December 2009-met with RE December/January-Injectible med cycle with IUI-Abnormal sperm morpology found-only 0-1% normal All Head defects. Jan/Feb 2010 1st IVF with ICSI-5 week chemical pregnancy :( Feb 2010-male infertility doc says DH's anatomy and blood work are normal so nothing he can do. :( FET July 2010-BFP! Twin m/c @ 5.5 wks :( Dec/Jan 2011 IVF #2 Only 4 eggs retrieved-Ganirelix dose messed up BFFN Feb/March 2011 IVF #3 ER 3/9 9 eggs, 7 fertilized, ET 3/14, No frosties. BFN IVF #4 ER 8/22 9R,7F ET 8/25-3 embies, 1 frostie! Beta 9/2= 54, 9/6=274, 9/8=625, 9/12=2953, 9/16 greater than 10,000. B/G TWINS born April 2012 @ 36wks & 1 day! July 2014-going back for the frozen embryo! ET 7/28, heartbeat seen at 6wks1day with SCH. Miscarriage confirmed at 6wks4days

• Options
    imageTaylorandMel:
    imageCourtneySue:
    imageUsedToBeGoldie:

congrats!

Congrats on the BFP.

I have to to say that I hate to be negative, but I don't think you should be hoping for 3 under 2.  I always find it interesting when people say they're hoping for twins.  There's actually a TON of risks with a multiples pregnancy.  It's very stressful.  I wouldn't wish it on anyone, and I think people should completely do their research on this, because there's a lot more to it than you realize.  It's a great story just be like "yeah, twins OMG, so cool!"

yeah....i agree. i get kind of irritated when people wish for this. but i find it happens more with first time pregnancies and i can kind of understand that i guess...especially if the person has been through a lot of IF....what if they want more than one child and worry that they will never get pregnant again? i can understand that.    but for me, simply because i am a huge worrier, the minute i found out it was "vanishing twin", then "bed rest" then "premature labor" then "babies born premature" then "babies born really premature" then "babies having health problems after they are born".  it was very hard for me to get truly excited about this until a couple weeks ago but i dont fault others for being excited right from the start bc most people arent such huge worriers like me : (

• Options

They did my Betas 15 days after IUI.  Day 15 was 350-ish and Day 17 was 950-ish.  This was a lot higher than other girls I spoke to that have had singletons.

image image
                      Ayden & Sydney

• Options
    imageJustcallmeGG2:

They did my Betas 15 days after IUI.  Day 15 was 350-ish and Day 17 was 950-ish.  This was a lot higher than other girls I spoke to that have had singletons.

ive seen a lot of betas and those dont seem unreasonably high. sorry. you cant go by betas in terms of whether or not it's twins.

• Options
    imageallisonmarie22:
    imageTaylorandMel:
    imageCourtneySue:
    imageUsedToBeGoldie:

congrats!

WOW!! Yes, very negative. I am very well aware of the downside of multiples & yes I do still wish/hope/pray for twins!! Why?! Because no matter what they are a blessing. We have been through a lot to get even get pregnant. So due to the fact that these were my last 2 blastocysts transfered ever then yes I would be thrilled & over the moon to have twins. We have always wanted a large family & I only work part time & can be on bed rest. My husband & I are mature & finicial responsible to be able to handle this, so once again. We still wish & hope for twins!!!!!

Congrats on the BFP.

I have to to say that I hate to be negative, but I don't think you should be hoping for 3 under 2.  I always find it interesting when people say they're hoping for twins.  There's actually a TON of risks with a multiples pregnancy.  It's very stressful.  I wouldn't wish it on anyone, and I think people should completely do their research on this, because there's a lot more too it than you realize.  It's a great story just be like "yeah, twins OMG, so cool!"

All of this. I get accused of being a negative Nancy, but I have a hard time with people hoping or wishing for twins. I am thrilled to be having 2 babies now that the shock has worn off, but I still would've much rather have had them one at a time.

Best of luck to you at your ultrasound.  :)

• Options

WOW!! Yes, very negative. I am very well aware of the downside of multiples & yes I do still wish/hope/pray for twins!! Why?! Because no matter what they are a blessing. We have been through a lot to get even get pregnant. So due to the fact that these were my last 2 blastocysts transfered ever then yes I would be thrilled & over the moon to have twins. We have always wanted a large family & I only work part time & can be on bed rest. My husband & I are mature & finicial responsible to be able to handle this, so once again. We still wish & hope for twins!!!!!

• Options

I don't really get bothered by people hoping for twins anymore. They are a sh*tload of work, but it's been a huge blessing. Even with all of the craziness, they have been fun and have taught me a lot already. I can see why someone might want that too, despite the risks, and many people do have uncomplicated multiple pregnancies. I had a rollercoaster of a pregnancy and birth experience, but I won't begrudge someone the kind of special life I live with my little darlings anymore just because I had problems. My risks and problems were mine and we carried on through it. That may not be someone else's experience, as time and time again we see MoMs with successful pregnancies. As long as you know it's not an easy road and requires sacrifice and often much more than you think you can give, you gotta live your life. I have to admit the idea of 3u2 scares the heebie jeebies out of me, but nevertheless I wish you luck with your pregnancy, whatever the outcome may be. Merry Christmas and best wishes.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageJosiePosy:

I don't really get bothered by people hoping for twins anymore. They are a sh*tload of work, but it's been a huge blessing. Even with all of the craziness, they have been fun and have taught me a lot already. I can see why someone might want that too, despite the risks, and many people do have uncomplicated multiple pregnancies. I had a rollercoaster of a pregnancy and birth experience, but I won't begrudge someone the kind of special life I live with my little darlings anymore just because I had problems. My risks and problems were mine and we carried on through it. That may not be someone else's experience, as time and time again we see MoMs with successful pregnancies. As long as you know it's not an easy road and requires sacrifice and often much more than you think you can give, you gotta live your life. I have to admit the idea of 3u2 scares the heebie jeebies out of me, but nevertheless I wish you luck with your pregnancy, whatever the outcome may be. Merry Christmas and best wishes.

Me too someimes, but we will cross that road if we are lucky enough to get there. I will become a stay at home mom & my mother who also lives by is retiring this year. I am not a young naive mother who thinks it will be a fun little cake walk. (31) Thanks for your well wishes. It was greatly appreciated.

• Options
    imageCourtneySue:

i can understand this though.  it isnt my way of thinking as i stated in my previous post, but i also stated, that especially if you have been through a lot of IF and want a big family, i can understand hoping for twins bc you want that big family..and after all the IF stuff, who knows if you will ever get pregnant again.  i get it.

• Options
    My betas are in my siggy. Betabase.com shows beta levels for singletons and multiples. You can check it out. Good luck and congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"