Preemies

weaning prevacid?

So Lo is 2 and I started this 6 days ago. I was told to do every other today. So far she seems ok. But a few times this wk she woke up yelling momma for like 30 mins then woke up crying a little for like 10 mins. I'm not sure if she's cold, teething, or is this reflux bothering her. I'm so nervous I don't want to miss anything if she needs to stay on it? Any advice?

Re: weaning prevacid?

• It's so hard - I just wish they could tell us what is wrong! 

We weaned my son's previcid a few months ago - doing just what you are doing (only giving it to him every other day).  Is the waking/crying new behavior for her?  What were her initial symptoms when she refluxed?  For us, DS was arching, refusing bottles and spitting up a lot and none of that returned when we weaned him (however, we had tried to wean him about 6 months prior and they did return after just a few days.)

I would probably just watch for another few days/week.  Is she only having these issues at night when laying down? What about during naps?  Between meals during the day? 

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Njd thank you so much for your reply. It was nice you took the time. So she is fine during the day and during naps. This kinda started a little before we started weaning. Last time we tried to wean she would gag on food and start throwing up but that was after a month of being good without meds. So stressful. But your right ill keep doing this for a few more Wks and hopefully were in the clear. Maybe night time waking is teeth or she's cold. Who knows lol. Thank you :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"