North Carolina Babies
Options

How in the heck am I going to do this? :(

I don't think I posted last year but last Christmas Eve when I was 8 months pg with Naomi I fell down 13 stairs in our house. Obviously Naomi was fine but I hurt my foot pretty bad. I didn't break it but definitely hurt it. I was in a boot for 2 weeks and then nothing. It has bothered me constantly since then. I finally went back to the doctor right after Thanksgiving. They did more xrays, a MRI (I have a lot of random stuff going on in there) and put me back in a boot for 3 weeks. I went back for my followup this morning. The boot has not helped so now I am on crutches for 3 weeks. I have to be totally off of my foot - I can't even walk to the bathroom without my crutches. How on God's green earth am I going to do this with a 4yo and an 11 mo running around the house? I'm quite discouraged right now. If it's not any better in 3 weeks I will insist on looking into a permanent fix, probably surgery. I'm just bummed out!
image Connor Reeves - July 4, 2007 Naomi Raye - January 26, 2011

Re: How in the heck am I going to do this? :(

• Options

Sounds like it will be tough to do but you have to follow doctors orders! Then after the craziness of the holidays you will call me and I will take your kiddos for the day so you can rest!

Sorry you have to deal with that! Call me if you need anything.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Why are they putting you back in the boot? My friend broke a metatarsal bone in her foot and had the boot on- which did not help, so they are suggesting surgery to pin it into place for it to finally heal. Is this a similar situation or is it that you are just so active that it doesn't heal properly on its own?

I cannot imagine dealing with that and 2 little kids. God Bless you and give you patience to deal with it all. Speedy recovery!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"