Babies: 3 - 6 Months

PSA: Bumbo in the bathtub

I posted the pictures of Hadley in the Bumbo in the tub and a person or two said they would have to try it out. It's a lot of fun, but I just wanted to make double sure that everyone knows that if anything it makes bath time a bit harder... it's very very bobbly. I do it with Hadley b/c it's like a little boat and she bobbles all over the water, but just make sure you're ready to really hold onto the seat. Just felt bad if I suggested an idea and wasn't clear that it might make it more unsteady than normal bath time. :o)

Re: PSA: Bumbo in the bathtub

• imageExpectantSteelerFan:
    Um, with all the warnings/recalls of bumbos, in the bathtub is one place I would definitely NOT try it out.  I could just see a kid launching themselves backwards while you go to reach for the soap and cracking their head on the tub. 

That's why I mentioned it... you wouldn't be reaching for the soap and they wouldn't be launching backwards, it's literally like a little boat when in water... you have to keep both hands on it. The only reason I mentioned it at all is b/c I put pics of her in it, and someone mentioned trying it out and I was afraid that someone would think it was like a bath seat, which it is not.

• Thanks for the heads up - I have a friend with twins and they always take baths in their bumbos - I thought the pictures were so cute I totally expected to use it in the bath as soon as "santa" brings it to us - I didnt realize they didnt sink to the bottom!~
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageadrielegorburu:
    Thanks for the heads up - I have a friend with twins and they always take baths in their bumbos - I thought the pictures were so cute I totally expected to use it in the bath as soon as "santa" brings it to us - I didnt realize they didnt sink to the bottom!~

Your friend probably doesn't use much water, especially if she has 2 in the tub... We like to "swim" in the tub! :o)

• I do it all the time! Like with 2 inches of water though. It sits tight on the bottom just fine. Never been a problem.

I'm standing right there. Even if I grab soap I highly doubt anything is going to happen, moreso than if she was in anything else.

• Hey thanks for sharing this, i wondered about the logistics of the bumbo in the tub.  What the  heck do you use once they grow out of their infant tub!?  LO loves the bath!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageHope2Have:
    I posted the pictures of Hadley in the Bumbo in the tub and a person or two said they would have to try it out. It's a lot of fun, but I just wanted to make double sure that everyone knows that if anything it makes bath time a bit harder... it's very very bobbly. I do it with Hadley b/c it's like a little boat and she bobbles all over the water, but just make sure you're ready to really hold onto the seat. Just felt bad if I suggested an idea and wasn't clear that it might make it more unsteady than normal bath time. :o)

Not sure if any of you guys read the warnings on the bumbo box, but it specifically states to NOT use in any type of water.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have friends who do this and as long as you don't leave LO alone in the tub it's perfectly fine.
  • I was thinking about doing this just this morning. I am kinda nervous though cause as it is now, my daughter's chunky thighs get stuck. Whenever we try to take her out of it, the seat comes with her
  • My sister used one of these once they graduated out of the infant tub. I am thinking of ordering one.... 

https://www.amazon.com/Dream-Me-Baby-Bath-Yellow/dp/B003YL3EIW/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1324571806&sr=8-4

• We used the bumbo in the tub with DD, but it stuck to the bottom of our tub. We tried it with DS (at our new house) and it floated. I think maybe our old tub didn't have texture on the bottom preventing it from sticking, and the tub at this house does. So, we obviously stopped using it because it was a huge risk. I think it works awesome if it will suction to your tub.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagechelsieeast:

My sister used one of these once they graduated out of the infant tub. I am thinking of ordering one.... 

https://www.amazon.com/Dream-Me-Baby-Bath-Yellow/dp/B003YL3EIW/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1324571806&sr=8-4

My mom has a few pictures of me when I was little in something just like this.

• We use the Bumbo in the tub and have never had an incident, not even a close call.  It works really well for us.

K, born 05/06/10 B, born with a few surprises 07/20/11  

• imagehoot179:
    Hey thanks for sharing this, i wondered about the logistics of the bumbo in the tub.  What the  heck do you use once they grow out of their infant tub!?  LO loves the bath!

Now that DD is too long for the infant tub we use something like this https://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Bath-Cradle-Blue/dp/B0032FOOXO/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1324596465&sr=1-1

She can't sit up well enough to just sit in the tub yet.

image imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageItsAllGravy7:
    imageLuvMyBobs:

imageHope2Have:

Not sure if any of you guys read the warnings on the bumbo box, but it specifically states to NOT use in any type of water.

I am not one of "those" Moms who freaks over everything and hovers over my child but anyone who ignores the warning on the bumbo is a complete dumb butt. THESE THINGS ARE NOT FOR THE BATHTUB...or the mother effing counter top...or anywhere else other than the floor. Why the hell won't you just buy something made for the bath. Like a bath seat, duckie blow up tub, or baby tub. The bumbo doesn't even sink, it floats and bobs around. Bumbo + bath = REALLY bad ideaI.

exactly THIS!!!!!!!

photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • imageItsAllGravy7:
    I am not one of "those" Moms who freaks over everything and hovers over my child but anyone who ignores the warning on the bumbo is a complete dumb butt. THESE THINGS ARE NOT FOR THE BATHTUB...or the mother effing counter top...or anywhere else other than the floor. Why the hell won't you just buy something made for the bath. Like a bath seat, duckie blow up tub, or baby tub. The bumbo doesn't even sink, it floats and bobs around. Bumbo + bath = REALLY bad idea.

Srsly.  Sometimes it seems like, when an accident post is made, people are ARGLEBARGLE IT SAYS NOT TO USE IT THAT WAY ON THE DIRECTIONS at the people in the article (thinking of you, carseat in shopping cart moms)... until it's something they really really wanna do, apparantly.  Come on.  They make seats specifically for the bath tub, ya know.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagehellaine:

imageItsAllGravy7:
    I am not one of "those" Moms who freaks over everything and hovers over my child but anyone who ignores the warning on the bumbo is a complete dumb butt. THESE THINGS ARE NOT FOR THE BATHTUB...or the mother effing counter top...or anywhere else other than the floor. Why the hell won't you just buy something made for the bath. Like a bath seat, duckie blow up tub, or baby tub. The bumbo doesn't even sink, it floats and bobs around. Bumbo + bath = REALLY bad idea.

Srsly.  Sometimes it seems like, when an accident post is made, people are ARGLEBARGLE IT SAYS NOT TO USE IT THAT WAY ON THE DIRECTIONS at the people in the article (thinking of you, carseat in shopping cart moms)... until it's something they really really wanna do, apparantly.  Come on.  They make seats specifically for the bath tub, ya know.

We put our car seat in the shopping cart... but I truly mean IN the shopping cart not up on the level where the kiddies sit once they are bigger... It makes buying groceries a little more difficult due to space issues, but is otherwise safe... I've actually had lots of people that work at grocery stores tell me to put LO's car seat on the upper level when we get a cart at the entrance---they are like "it locks in place"----really bad advice

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"