Parenting after 35
Options

How are you preparing for Christmas?

I have all the presents wrapped, the pie cooked (and waiting in the freezer) and a list written (for all the things we have to take to the in-laws). I'm still not quite ready for spending four days with the in-laws... Really, they're lovely people but staying in someone else's house for that long makes me a little crazy...I would really rather have some time at home with my little family, but it's just not happening this year. 

How do you deal with extended stays with the in-laws? (In particular, SIL who insists on giving child-rearing advice even though she doesn't have any kids!) 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How are you preparing for Christmas?

• Options

First of all, DH and I decided when we first got married that when we have kids, Christmas is at home and people can come to us.  We travel before and after but not on.  So, DH's family is coming over for Christmas Eve and Day.  MIL and FIL are deceased so we just have his brother and family.  My parents were up this past weekend and are going to my brother's this weekend. 

The tree is up, gifts are mostly wrapped, I am working on a last minute Christmas Stocking for my niece (Procrastination, I am its ***.), and Friday and Saturday will be doing grocery shopping and cooking. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Presents wrapped and boxed - dad, step-mom, bro; mom and step-dad.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I sent my oldest to a high school basket ball game with her dad and my little one was my elf as we wrapped all the presents last night!  I can't find the gift I bought J from "Santa" and I'm freaking out because I can't replace it at a store I ordered it from Amazon.  It's MIA so I will look again tonight and hopefully I can find it.

We are having a traveling family party Friday night where we go from house to house to see all the Christmas decorations.  Gotta clean the house up for that because we are the first stop.

We are getting the girls a puppy for Christmas so we are preparing our house (and cat) for our new dog too!!  

Crazy!!  I'm off work though in about 45 minutes for two whole weeks!!! I am beyond excited to get a break from this place.   

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone. . .

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• Options
    I'm packing tonight, leave tomorrow.  I also have an extended IL stay and a know-it-all SIL.  I use the smile and nod theory and just ignore her.  I also use copious amounts of alcohol.  Okay, not really but I'm often tempted.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options

When we first were dating & married, we would spend Christmas Eve at my parents in MN, get up on Christmas day and drive back to Milwaukee (5 hours away).  Once kids came we alternate, so the kids can spend it with their cousins on one side.  I have 2 sisters, both have kids, for a total of 8 cousins.  This year is in MN. Friday we are driving there, and returning on Tuesday. It will be chaotic for the next 5 days, and then I have to go back to work (ugh!).

Being an older parent makes me want to spend with my parents while I can, as well as having my kids spend time with their older cousins.     

• Options

I will be shovelling the driveway.. again.   When I said I wanted a White Christmas, God didn't need to take me so literally.

About a foot overnight and it's still snowing.

• Options
    I guess we're lucky because we don't have to travel at Christmas. We live close to my sister and in-laws so we still get to spend the holiday with family but we don't have to go very far. My dad lives in CA and my mom lives in TN so it would be too hard to try and visit my family, too. We'd have to be on a three year rotation, which would suck! And we've never spent Christmas with either of my parents so the expectation isn't there. We just see them at other times during the year.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"