Texas Babies
Options

Crib Placement

We have limited space in our nursery and the crib either has to go under a ceiling vent, or with the foot under a window. The window space is viewable from the door of the room, the vent space is not. Any opinions about which is the lesser of two evils? 

Re: Crib Placement

• Options

I would do under the vent.  Circulating air is supposed to be good for SIDS prevention and if it is too much air you can partially or fully close the vent if needed.   The window doesn't sound like a good option since I assume you'll want window coverings of some sort and those can become dangerous once your little one is pulling up to standing and possibly before depending on length

• Options
    imagekami1977:

I would do under the vent.  Circulating air is supposed to be good for SIDS prevention and if it is too much air you can partially or fully close the vent if needed.   The window doesn't sound like a good option since I assume you'll want window coverings of some sort and those can become dangerous once your little one is pulling up to standing and possibly before depending on length

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagevnstacie:
    imagekami1977:

I agree with PP. :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Vent it is - DH looked again and figured out how to angle it so that it's not blowing on the baby. Thanks for the advice!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"