Military Families

Quick Inquiry

Has anyone sent in packages to Afghanistan in the past month? I sent something a few weeks ago and DH still hasn't gotten it. It usually takes a week and a half to 2 weeks. I'm thinking it could be slower due to the holiday season. I'm getting a little concerned and wondering if I need to check into this.

Re: Quick Inquiry

• during this time of year, it definitely takes longer!
  • imageameliadaisy:
    during this time of year, it definitely takes longer!

Yes Thanks!

• Loading the player...
  • Things were taking roughly a month to get to Iraq last December, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if they're taking that long to Afghanistan now.  HTH!
  • My DH is in Afghanistan and he was informed at the beginning of the week, that the mail has stopped due to weather. He said the weather has been so bad that packages are not coming in or going out. And was not given a time frame as to when it would resume.

I sent him 1 package Friday, Dec. 2nd and he got it 10 days later. I sent another package Thursday, Dec. 8th and he still has not recieved it. HTH

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageExcited Mrs P:

My DH is in Afghanistan and he was informed at the beginning of the week, that the mail has stopped due to weather. He said the weather has been so bad that packages are not coming in or going out. And was not given a time frame as to when it would resume.

I sent him 1 package Friday, Dec. 2nd and he got it 10 days later. I sent another package Thursday, Dec. 8th and he still has not recieved it. HTH

Thanks for this information. I sent mine on the 12th and he hasn't gotten it as of yesterday. Hopefully it'll pick back up soon. It sucks he won't get his Christmas gifts.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"