Military Families

We need PCS places!

We were in Alaska for 3 years and we've been in TX for 1.5.  DH is putting in a recruiting packet so we can literally go ANYWHERE in the U.S., not just around bases.  We really need ideas. We really like history and museums, plus DH is going to school to be a pilot so any of that would be a perk. We haven't really loved TX because there aren't 4 seasons (we're in SOUTH TX) and our families are in Michigan and Arkansas so possibly somewhere close to those.  Give me some of your favorite cities ladies!!

Thanks for helping!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: We need PCS places!

• I'm a coast person. If I could go anywhere, bases notwithstanding, I'd pick NY, Boston, DC, San Francisco, Monterey, and LA. In that order. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DC sounds like a good place for you guys.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Look into Savannah, GA ~ DC ~ Ashville, NC ~ Nashville, TN
  • I loved my time at Scott AFB, near St. Louis.  Very family friendly, tons of free activities to do with kids, zoos, museums, breweries and wineries, sports, not an unreasonable drive to MI or AR.
    Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • imagecrogers19:
    Hawaii!!!
    LOL That's not close to Michigan or Arkansas.
    Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • I would say DC, its full of history and museums (obviously), idk about the flight school thing, but its definitely a happy medium between Arkansas and Michigan. Might be a little closer to MI, but still in between.
  • I agree--- DC area!
  • Thank you everyone!
  • DC area, Boston, Philadelphia

• I would say Northern Indiana for Purdue. From what I understand they have something to do with aviation.  I think Indiana State University does too.  Chicago isn't a bad drive from there.
    Married since 3/20/2010 Expecting Baby #1 on 6/9/2012
  • Daytona Beach, FL the recruiting station is in the mall. Embry Riddle Aeronautical University is five minutes from there. Daytona is also 35 minutes from St. Augustine which is full of history.
    DeterminedBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you aren't able to get a spot in one of the previously mention areas I know a town with recruiting offices for some branches. It is a small town not far from big cities. But the perk is that they have a community college for your husband to take pilot program classes.  The school name is Big Bend Community College, in Moses Lake, WA. The landing strips were just being used by a few groups after Larsen Air Force base closed. 

This idea may work for you if he wants to try to get into classes and work at the same time. Good luck and hope you get a great place.

• imagemeltoine:
    I'm a coast person. If I could go anywhere, bases notwithstanding, I'd pick NY, Boston, DC, San Francisco, Monterey, and LA. In that order. 

Same! I pick these too! Need to be near water! We are in San Diego now! Good Luck! Recruiting is tough! 11 hour days 6 days a week! :o)

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"