Precursor to PPD/PPA? — The Bump
Postpartum Depression

Precursor to PPD/PPA?

I will try to make this short, but with enough detail to get real opinions.

Before I was pregnant, I was on Citalophram and Xanax for anxiety.  After becoming pregnant, I took Zoloft for a bit and got off of it by about 12-14 weeks, as it seemed to make me VERY depressed.  I've spent the rest of my pregnancy, having serious issues leaving the house.  I don't sleep through the night, (obviously b/c I'm 38 wks pregnant) but when I wake up, sometime I have what I call crazy person thoughts.  I say "crazy person" b/c I prefer to make an attempt at humor to make myself feel better.  I am now off of work as of 12/12 b/c of anxiety (but told the Dr. and everyone else, it was back pain and exhaustion) and can't wait for this baby to come so I can get back on meds.  I truly feel like I am depressed, nothing excites me, everything pisses me off, and even though I should be thrilled about my baby girl coming, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I don't care, I just don't want to be pregnant anymore.  I lay around all day, and only shower so that if I go into labor, I don't smell!  I have an 8 yr old who has hardly got any of my attention, because I'm so lazy feeling.

My question is, if you suffer from PPD or PPA, did you feel this way throughout your pregnancy too?  Is is pretty obvious that I'm going to have issues after I have this baby?  Is it just hormones and I should stop worrying?  I have a great support system, but I'm even tired of them asking me if I'm feeling better, or if I'm "ok".

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Precursor to PPD/PPA?

• I did feel that way at the end of my pregnancy. I just wanted the baby out and then I started thinking "why did I do this" I don't mean to alarm you, but I got PPD really bad. At least you have a plan to get on medication right away. I can tell you that I feel so much better now...it took a while but I finally feel like I got a handle on things and now I am happy. (most days)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Hi. Just wanted to say you'er not the only one that feels this way. I'm 35 weeks and having a very rough time with my depression. I am on Citalopram and abilify, but the past week consistantly I've been feeling the same way about my pregnancy and very worried about PPD. I know this might not help but just wanted you to know you're not the only one going through it. Hang in there!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagePeaches727:
    Hi. Just wanted to say you'er not the only one that feels this way. I'm 35 weeks and having a very rough time with my depression. I am on Citalopram and abilify, but the past week consistantly I've been feeling the same way about my pregnancy and very worried about PPD. I know this might not help but just wanted you to know you're not the only one going through it. Hang in there!

Thanks!  It's nice to know that I'm not the only one out there feeling like this.  I spoke with my Dr. about it today, and will be getting in to see someone soon.  I really am looking forward to being medicated again.  Good luck to you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards