Preemies
Options

XP: Reglan

Well, my doctor wouldn't prescribe Dom, but he did prescribe Reglan.  I would love to hear any experiences with it.  Did it work?  Any side effects?

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: Reglan

• Options

My mother was on it and it made her completly insane!!!! 

After a few weeks on it, she couldnt stop crying, was depressed all the time, anxious and even scared to drive. It took her six months to get back to normal. It was crazy.

Google Reglan...not good!!  I dont recommend it at all.

Sorry to scare you but just want to let you know our experience.

PS - She was on it after a major stomach/gall bladder/pancreas surgery.

Good Luck!

• Options
    I was on it for supply issues.  It did increase my milk supply for a bit (before it officially tanked).  I didn't have any side effects or issues when taking it.  When reading about it before taking it, it sounded like the major issues were whenever people were on it for a prolonged period of time.  I only took it for 10 days I think?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I took it for quite a while when I was pumping for DS#1.   I never had any side effects on it and it helped my supply, I would notice a difference if I missed a dose. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • Options

imageneko621:
    I was on it for supply issues.  It did increase my milk supply for a bit (before it officially tanked).  I didn't have any side effects or issues when taking it.  When reading about it before taking it, it sounded like the major issues were whenever people were on it for a prolonged period of time.  I only took it for 10 days I think?

Yep. It's the prolonged use that's an issue. If its prescribed for milk supply issues, it's usually a 10-14 day regemin. 

I used it and it gave me an immediate boost. But then I got mastitis and my supply tanked again. I think the biggest thing is to take it, increase you fluid intake and pump/bf as much as possible. 

GL! 

• Options

I was prescribed reglan to take for my severe morning sickness. It made me cry all the time, anxious, depressed, nervous and all around crazy. It took them 2 weeks to figure out I was having a reaction to it but that 2 weeks was the worst two weeks of my life.

My friend took it and had no side effects whatsoever though.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS was on Reglan for about 4 or 5 months because of reflux, he was fine. It is high doses for a prolonged period that is not good. At first I think it made him a bit cranky but it did help with spitting up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"