Houston Babies
Options

Had a horrible mommy moment tonight

I had insomnia last night and only had about 3 hours of sleep before I had to get up for work, so I guess it caught up to me. DH had to work late (he is still there and it is 11:00 PM) so I didn't have someone to help me when I was getting overwhelmed by his behavior. He was super cranky and saying no to everything tonight.

When I was giving him his bath he hit me in the face with his boat and I started crying, Then he started laughing adn I yelled at him. He started to cry and I yelled again that he didn't get to cry because he hurt me. He stoped crying and just sat there starring at me with huge tears in his eyes.

I apologized for yelling at him and told him that yelling wasn't nice and that I was sorry, He gave me a kiss and we finished his bath. As I was getting his pjs on he said "hurt." And I asked him what hurt and he said "mommy."

This was 3 hours ago and I still feel horrible about it. I wish I could have a do over tonight. ::sigh::

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

Re: Had a horrible mommy moment tonight

• Options
    (((hugs))) you did the right thing though mama! You apologized. A good parent will admit when they did wrong, and admit it to the CHILD. It helps teach an even more valuable lesson: we're human, we make mistakes, we ask forgiveness, and we forgive others. :) I hope you get good rest tonight. :)
  • Options

imageSageBeginnings:
    (((hugs))) you did the right thing though mama! You apologized. A good parent will admit when they did wrong, and admit it to the CHILD. It helps teach an even more valuable lesson: we're human, we make mistakes, we ask forgiveness, and we forgive others. :) I hope you get good rest tonight. :)

Thank you! I did get a good night sleep and things have been much better. And the little man didnt hold a grudge. He was happy to see me the next morning.

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageSageBeginnings:

Ditto! DH frequently works late and it is exhausting to do everything on my own - and DD doesn't say "No" or "hit" yet! Tomorrow is a new day. HUGS! 

DD born March 2011
    DS born Dec 10, 2013
  • Options
    Hugs! Been there, done that.  I felt terrible, and it actually helped me to realize that when C has a short temper I have to be patient.  He'll reach back to swat at us and stop to think before he does it.  I can see the frustration in his face and it makes me realize that he's human - some days we all have short fuses.  But he is also very quick to apologize, and that matters!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"