Military Families

who's hubby is gone over Christmas?

With all the talk of the majority of troops pulling out of Iraq, it's still a little hard having one gone over the holidays. Mine should come home in a few more months! This was our first deployemt and I'm glad you be looking at the end, but nervous for reintegration!

Just wanted to exchange hugs to all of you with your loved one still gone over Christmas!

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and safe return of your sweetie!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: who's hubby is gone over Christmas?

• MH is gone for all the good holidays this time. I'm not feeling particularly down about it (he wanted to go and I want what he wants), but thanks for the hugs and some to you and your kids as well.
    I've seen a lot of military surprise homecomings. It wouldn't work on me. I always have my back to the corner and my face to the door. Looking for terrorists, criminals, various other threats, and husbands.
  • Mine is gone for all the big holidays, again. This is fourth deployment and second time he has missed all the big holidays. Oh well, I keep thinking he will be here next year.

Hugs to you and Merry Christmas. 

• Loading the player...
  • Mine is also gone.. and will be until summertime. He is in Afghanistan, and his unit actually has no plans of leaving anytime soon. They are one of the units that will be there the longest and will be adding people just on a rotation. I too hate it when people ask me, well I thought they are all coming home, etc.

Anyways, Merry Christmas to you as well and your boys are precious.

Hugs

• Mine is gone and i'm having a little bit of a rough time. Particularly today because its our one year anniversary. It's our first deployment together and DH's 3rd total. I really appreciate the hugs. Happy Holidays to you and your family as well.
  • imageJoie80:
    Mine is gone and i'm having a little bit of a rough time. Particularly today because its our one year anniversary. It's our first deployment together and DH's 3rd total. I really appreciate the hugs. Happy Holidays to you and your family as well.

AW  Happy Anniversary! Celebrate in style when he comes home!!!

Many thanks to your hubby for his 3rd deployment!

My hat goes off to them and their families, I say that all the time how yeah, it sucks, but there are families who are on their 2nd,3rd, 4th or more deployment and THOSE families are MY heros!

• imageJoie80:
    Mine is gone and i'm having a little bit of a rough time. Particularly today because its our one year anniversary. It's our first deployment together and DH's 3rd total. I really appreciate the hugs. Happy Holidays to you and your family as well.

Happy anniversary. I celebrated our anniversary this year without DH. It is sad but I try to remember it is one year and there will be so many more we get to spend together. I hope you did something fun for yourself. If not go do something tomorrow. 

• My H is gone too. He left right after the birth of our first LO and will be gone until late Spring. It's sad, but he made arrangements for me to be home with our families during his entire deployment. So, while I'm not with him and it's sad, at least I have our families to help me with our LO and our first deployment. We also Skype regularly. I know I'm lucky as other spouses/familes don't have the opportunity to communicate with their loved one as much.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • MH is also gone for the holidays this year. He will be back a few weeks after Christmas so we are going to do second Christmas LOL It's crappy but I don't really feel anymore down that I usually do about him being gone. It's our first deployment since DD was born so it's a little harder for him and me. Thanks for the hugs and warm thoughts, back at you!
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • DH is gone too but we at least got to spend our wedding anniversary with each other earlier this month. Next time we?ll hopefully see each other for DD?s first birthday but we don?t know.  Wishing all of you Ladies Happy Holidays.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Visit The Nest!image
  • DH left for training and deployment right after LO was born and won't be back until late Spring, so he was gone for Thanksgiving, and will be gone for Christmas, our 3rd wedding anniversary, New Years, Valentine's Day, and Easter.  We've got a lot of celebrating to do when he gets home! 

This is our first deployment, but I get to Skype almost daily with him, so I know that I'm lucky.  However, I want to deck the next person that asks if DH will get to come home since all of the troops have been pulled out of Iraq... the Iraq pull-out has no bearing on DH's deployment in Kuwait.

So there's this boy. He kinda stole my heart. He calls me "Mom"

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Voted "Mom of the Year" 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Thanks for posting this! It's so comforting to see other people in a similar situation. My husband is in Afghanistan and won't be home until late Spring. Bummer! It's definitely harder to deal with a deployment over the holidays...Merry Christmas to all of you ladies!

ps-Love your sig pic. Cute!

My blog! Our kids: Natalie 6 Colton 4 Adelyn 1 1/2 Easton Si Hu (in Korea) 1 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My DH is also deployed for the Holidays. We skype often, hoping to do it Christmas morning. It will be a very long time until we see each other again. I just try to remember that next year we will be together for Christmas.
    DeterminedBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"