January 2012 Moms
Options

Toddler quilt for crib?

I bought a small quilt for LO's crib, but I'm not sure if it's necessary. It was kind of pricey since I bought it from Restoration Hardware, and I know she isn't supposed to sleep with blankets for awhile anyway. Is it worth keeping though it matches room decor, or not really? We have received many other blankets as well.

DD: 1/8/12
DS: 3/12/14

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Toddler quilt for crib?

• Options

You can still display it- like hang it from the end of the crib or up on the wall...but I wouldn't put it inside the crib at all.

I know some people form-fit a quilt to the mattress so they get the "look" without worrying about LO suffocating, but you'll be changing your bedding sheets frequent enough, you won't want to worry about washing the quilt as well.

• Options
    My MIL and I have made a quilt for each kid and I got clips so I could hang it on the wall. I don't use blankets until about 2. We just use sleep sacks
    Robin - CO Mod * RP & JHutch Lover * Hufflepuff
    <><
    Tizzle 10/07 ~ Boppy 7/09 ~ Chicken 1/12
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Books read in 2013: ~ Audiobooks listened to in 2013: 3
    Currently reading: The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon
    Currently listening to: The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Robin (jason&robin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf) image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My aunt made a quilt for LO and I plan to use it for tummy time and a blanket when nursing until she can use it in bed. I also like the idea of clips to hang it on the wall!
    DD 1.18.2012
  • Options
    Thanks...mine is a solid color and wouldn't look cute clipped to the wall, so I think I might just return it as it sounds like might be kind of useless for awhile and not worth the price.
    DD: 1/8/12
    DS: 3/12/14

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageIndiechixor:

You can still display it- like hang it from the end of the crib or up on the wall...but I wouldn't put it inside the crib at all.

I know some people form-fit a quilt to the mattress so they get the "look" without worrying about LO suffocating, but you'll be changing your bedding sheets frequent enough, you won't want to worry about washing the quilt as well.

Ditto, and keep the quilt because when she does hit toddler age, its one less blanket to buy.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"