April 2012 Moms

Have you found your stroller yet?

Hi all!

I was wondering if you've already decided on a stroller for your baby? I'm a first time mom and my husband and I have been trying to do our research. We like the Mamas and Papas Urbo and have tried it out at Babies R Us but have read some questionable reviews online. I've also been checking out Phil & Ted's Promenade and the Bumbleride Queen B. Anyone have any personal experiences or opinions they can share?

Thanks in advance!!!

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Have you found your stroller yet?

• Right now I have two strollers. I have the Graco Travel System and the Jeep Cherokee All Terrain stroller. Both had awesome reviews.
  • We're going with the Chicco Keyfit travel system - I also am going to try to get the skeleton stroller that you can just plug the infant seat into for times where weight will be an issue...

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • We have a Graco travel system along with a BOB Revolution. I'm still debating on what type of double stroller to get.

• We live in a city and I don't drive, so a stroller is really important for me. For DS1 we had a Bugaboo Chameleon which I LOVED, but we sold it last year and I wanted an easier collapse/lighter weight this time. We ate getting a Mountain Buggy Swift - very good on different terrains, small profile and turning radius (great for stores! I run all errands with the stroller so this is key), simple collapse, 3 wheel, works well in snow, etc. It was between that and a BOB, but I really don't like running with a stroller - I prefer to get a sitter and go on my own :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We registered for the Britax B-Safe/B-Agile infant seat and stroller. I also have a cheapie Baby Trend jogger that a relative gave us. If I determine that running with LO is something I want to get more serious about, I will look into getting a higher quality jogger.
    imageVisit The Nest!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We already have a Graco travel system that we used with DS.  My mom is getting us a Graco double stroller in the spring as a new baby gift (so generous!).  When I was out shopping the other day though, I saw a mom with her two young kids and she had a lighter weight umbrella stroller and wore her little baby.  I think I might want to get an umbrella stroller too and use that in combination with the Moby this spring and summer, until DD gets too big to be worn comfortably. 
  • I always recommend to people to skip a big stroller, use the snap n go with the infant seat and then splurge on a more expensive umbrella stroller, like a maclaren. We rarely used the big stroller just because it is so bulky and difficult to travel with.
    DD #1 passed away in January 2011 at 14 days old due to congenital heart disease
    DD#2 lost in January 2012 at 23 weeks due to anhydramnios caused by a placental abruption
  • imagePatella1129:
    We already have a Graco travel system that we used with DS.  My mom is getting us a Graco double stroller in the spring as a new baby gift (so generous!).  When I was out shopping the other day though, I saw a mom with her two young kids and she had a lighter weight umbrella stroller and wore her little baby.  I think I might want to get an umbrella stroller too and use that in combination with the Moby this spring and summer, until DD gets too big to be worn comfortably. 

We're also getting a Graco double because we already have a Graco travel system. I've considered getting a Moby and just using the umbrella stroller for DD, but DD was 8lbs when she was born and I have issues with the cartilige in my ribcage getting inflamed and painful when there's too much weight on my chest so I'm not sure how it'll work if DS is bigger than her.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We bought the Uppababy Vista stoller. You can find really good deals on the 2011 models (and not much is changing for the 2012s). 

I love how the stroller has a bassinett with a stand you can purchase to use at home...very high quality. 

It is a slightly heavy stroller, but overall (aka me just playing with it sans baby) - I love it!

Pregnancy Ticker

• We have a BOB duallie that we purchased for the boys- they're great stroller and if you love to jog they're awesome, easily maneuverable and all-terrain stroller IMO.

The only thing with buying the BOB is that you would have to purchase a carseat adapter and find out which car seats are compatbile.

• We bought a britax B-ready. Our house is right near some great walking trails and parks. I wanted something that would be sturdy for the trails. I can't for the Spring to come and we go on family walks. 
  • We registered for the Graco Mosaic. We tested it out in store and loved it. We may buy a second one at a consignment sale in the spring, but we aren't sure yet.
    Visit The Nest!
    5 cats. 1 baby.Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm also going with the B-Agile and B-Safe by britax. I had my almost 4 year old DS with me when i test drove it, and he fit nicely in it. It's a nice lightweight stroller too. I had no issue lifting it off the display to drive it around.

DS - 7.2006 - C-Section b/c Breech
    DS2 - 4.2008 - Successful Vbac
    DD - 5.2012 - Successful Vbac
  • I forgot to add, have you read Baby Bargains? It has lots of good advice and information about strollers, plus other baby stuff that you need.
    Visit The Nest!
    5 cats. 1 baby.Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have the UppaBaby Vista.  I really liked test driving it in the store and like the bassinet + stand option.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD #1 born 4/1/2012
    My Married Bio 

• imageLuvmy2sons:
    I'm also going with the B-Agile and B-Safe by britax.

Same.  There's been a lot of discussion/positive feedback about this stroller on the Nurseries/Baby Gear board lately.   I also highly recommend Baby Bargains.  Great resource.  GL!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • We're going with the City Mini Stroller in Black and the Chicco Keyfti infant car seat in Cubes. They have an attachment that wll hold the carseat while LO is little and then we'll just use the stroller. It's light weight and folds up nice and small which was important for us.
  • We are getting a BOB Revolution.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageDevonPow:
    We live in a city and I don't drive, so a stroller is really important for me. For DS1 we had a Bugaboo Chameleon which I LOVED, but we sold it last year and I wanted an easier collapse/lighter weight this time. We ate getting a Mountain Buggy Swift - very good on different terrains, small profile and turning radius (great for stores! I run all errands with the stroller so this is key), simple collapse, 3 wheel, works well in snow, etc. It was between that and a BOB, but I really don't like running with a stroller - I prefer to get a sitter and go on my own :)

I also live in a city and feel the same way about a stroller. We're getting the bugaboo chameleon- glad you loved it! It seems perfect for what we need. 

• We opted for the B-Ready. We will probably also get a small, umbrella stroller.
    imageimageimage
  • We went with the Baby Jogger City Select bc so many people said it was the best stroller for twins. I'm kinda in love with it already. Babble has a new stroller guide and tons of reviews you might want to check out.

Untitled

Etta Jane and Claire Elaine are here! Born March 28, 2012.

my blog

What it's like to cloth diaper twins, Part I.

Cloth diapering twins, Part II.

• We really want the Uppa Baby Vista but it is currently not in our budget. We are considering the Hauck Malibu, but when we test drove it in BRU, we weren't 100% convinced, but that could have to do with the fact that whoever put the floor model together did it wrong and the salesperson couldn't find the instruction booklet!
  • Yeah, we're getting the City Mini.
  • I'm ordering the Uppababy Vista in the next couple days. We test drove it at BBB and loved it, and we're in an urban environment so having a good stroller is important. It's down to $445 at Amazon in the color we want, and I cashed out some of our credit card points to Amazon gift cards so it's not costing us anything!

• imageSeattleCP:

imageLuvmy2sons:
    I'm also going with the B-Agile and B-Safe by britax.

Same.  There's been a lot of discussion/positive feedback about this stroller on the Nurseries/Baby Gear board lately.   I also highly recommend Baby Bargains.  Great resource.  GL!

This is the combo we chose. I really wanted the city mini to work, but I couldn't get past the inaccessible basket and the bar that we kept kicking. Plus, I actually liked the fact that the b-agile locked when it's closed. The only way I might change is if the city mini gt comes out soon enough and I decide I need it. But we won't be going with 2012 city mini.
  • We haven't purchased the stroller yet but we are planning on getting the Orbit.
  • We have a graci travel system, a snap and go and a graco IPO umbrella stroller, all gifted to us and we use them all. We bought ourselves the BJ summit XL and love it. We are getting the Joovy ergo caboose as our double. I wish we had gone with a city select or city mini to start with instead of the travel system. I agree that an infant seat and snap and go to start is a great plan and decide what stroller fits your needs later!
  • Thank you!! I will check it out!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"