Military Families

Re: Cheating Post

I'm just reading all these posts about the Cheating Issue and I just want everyone to remember...

No matter where you are, what you do, or who you are - anyone has the capability to cheat. It really matters what type of person you are and the morals and characters you have. Cheating does not just occur in the military, nor does it occur *more* in the military.

You can't prevent it or stop it. If someone wants to cheat, they will find a way to do it. It is either in someones nature or it isn't. And my personal opinion is, a deployment isn't going to change that. Yes, every individual handles different situations differently, but being deployed is not going to make a faithful husband all of a sudden turn unfaithful. It really is up to the person on what type of person they are and what type of person they want to be. 

Saying, "oh the deployment made me do it" is the same excuse as "oh the alcohol made me do it" ... which everyone knows is BS. Alcohol may have made you more susceptible to behave a certain way or let your inhibitions down, but it doesn't "make" you do anything, and same goes for a deployment. Some people are wired that way and some people aren't.

Bottom Line -- if you/your spouse are truly committed then although the temptation may be there, they will not do it because that is not the type of person they are.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Re: Cheating Post

• I agree with you 100% Mrs. P. I do not believe for the life of me that faithful and loving spouses get deployed and all of sudden become cheaters. A cheater is a cheater. I understand that deployments are stressful situations and that things may happen to challenge a person's moral and sanity. But I think suggesting that affairs occur more readily simply because someone is away is a bit bogus. If you cheat in the sandbox, or on a MEU, or wherever, you're most likely cheating at home too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes
    Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • It's always bugged me when peoples' first opinion about women joining a service or MOS is that they're worried there will be guys cheating. Um, I'm sorry, but if they are going to cheat, they likely would have on a R&R or with another service member, or whatever. Making a service or ship or sub coed won't all of a sudden "make" your husband cheat.
    ~*~ Nikki ~*~ DS born 2/18/08! TTC #2 since 01/2009 11/01 Round #5 Clomid 100 mg, IUI 11/14, at 10dpiui 11/26 Beta:12dpiui 114 11/29 Beta:15dpiui 755 1/9/10 First U/S: TRIPLETS! 6/20/11 And then there were six... http://andbabiesmakesix.wordpress.com/ Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"