Preemies
Options

What to wear outside inside the JJ Cole Bundle Me and carseat and stroller

Confused and second guessing myself.  Maybe I am doing the right thing but who knows at this point.  So, my DD had a hard time keep her temp up while in the NICU due to not making her own blood but she is now and all is good.  Since we always had to layer her up and keep hats on her that's what I did when she came home and she was ROASTING!  Since we go into Center City for all her appointments we have her in her infant carseat that is clicked into her stroller and both canopy's come together to cover the stroller up so no air gets in there.  We have the JJ Cole Bundle Me and nothing else along with her stroller.  When we go to the doctors she always has to get weighed so I hate to put shirts on her that have to go over her head (she HATES that) so I dress her in a button down or a zipper up sleeper.  The problem I am having is the button down sleeper lets air in so should I put a onesie on her so she doesn't get cold?  Sorry for the looooonnnng question but I don't want her to get over heated...

Thanks!

Olivia Madison born July 27th, 2011 at 27w6d at 10:44pm 1lb 11oz 13 1/2 inches delivered c-section due to Severe Preeclampsia and PIH

Re: What to wear outside inside the JJ Cole Bundle Me and carseat and stroller

• Options
    I think you should be fine in the sleeper. You could tuck a blanket around her over the buckles and then have the bundle me over that. Basically dress her as you want then put layers on top. We also overcooked LO when he got home- now he's 10lbs and practically a furnace... it's amazing how quickly things change!
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Options

Is the Bundle Me the one that has a layer that goes under the baby?  If so, you shouldn't use it because you want your LO as close to the back of the carseat as possible.  

If I were you, I'd just put her in the sleeper and have a warm blanket tucked around her.  I'd have a lighter blanket in my diaper bag if she got too warm.   

BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"