Pittsburgh Babies
Options

Hospital & Ob/Gyn Recommendations

I'm looking for a new ob/gyn and we aren't planning on TTC for another year but the next ob/gyn I find, I'd like to deliver our next baby.  I'm from Beaver County, but our hospital doesn't have  NICU which we needed when Austin was born, so he was flown to Children's while I stayed in the Beaver Medical Center...it was horrible. 

I've decided I need to go to a hospital with a NICU.  I'd love some recommendations for hospitals with a NICU and Ob/Gyns.  There is a satellite office for Magee near my work, so I was thinking about trying them out but figured I should see what recommendations the ladies on here have.  TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hospital & Ob/Gyn Recommendations

• Options
    Maybe call your insurance company.  I'm not an expert, but some limit the hospital you can use.
  • Options
    Honestly, there are not many choices in Pittsburgh. I found this extremely surprising when considering my birthing options. You are pretty much looking at Mgee or west penn.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    UPMC Mercy has also started doing births but I don't know if they have a NICU.  Magee for sure does and most of the Pgh births are done there.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"