Military Families
Options

Can I bother you with a Tricare Standard question?

I have Tricare prime, but last year I requested for both my daughter and I to be able to see civilian doctors. This was granted, which has been great because I was very unhappy with the Naval Hospital. Now I am pregnant with #2, and my doctor has submitted a referral to a local OB/GYN office. I have heard that it isn't uncommon to have to go to the military facility even if you have been seeing civilian doctors, so I'm thinking about switching to Tricare Standard. I have read a lot about it online, but have a couple of questions that I was hoping some of you could help me with. 

First I was wondering how long it takes to get out of Prime. I saw that you can just submit a form online, so is it a pretty instant thing? I have an appointment a week from today with the OB I was referred to, and was hoping to wait a few days to see if Tricare approves the referral before switching to Standard. 

Also, leaving Prime automatically puts you in Standard, right?  

After the baby is born, can I just switch back to Prime and still  be assigned to my current doctor?

Last question, my daughter won't be affected, right?  Can I just switch myself and keep her in Prime?

I'm so sorry for all of the questions and the super long post, but I do appreciate the help! 

Trying for #2! BFP- 7/4/2011 CP- 7/9/2011 (4 weeks, 6 days) BFP- 12/4/2011- Please stick! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Can I bother you with a Tricare Standard question?

• Options

imageKristenE1213:

First I was wondering how long it takes to get out of Prime. I saw that you can just submit a form online, so is it a pretty instant thing? I have an appointment a week from today with the OB I was referred to, and was hoping to wait a few days to see if Tricare approves the referral before switching to Standard.  I think it is instant but it has been a while since I did it.

Also, leaving Prime automatically puts you in Standard, right?  Yes

After the baby is born, can I just switch back to Prime and still  be assigned to my current doctor? There is a lock out period of one year for E5 or above. There is no lock out if your H is E4 or below. 

Last question, my daughter won't be affected, right?  Can I just switch myself and keep her in Prime? No she can stay on Prime. 

• Options
    Thank you so much!
    Trying for #2! BFP- 7/4/2011 CP- 7/9/2011 (4 weeks, 6 days) BFP- 12/4/2011- Please stick! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"