Health & Exercise
Options

infants in the BOB

A friend of ours told me she has been running with her 9-week-old in the main seat of the BOB.  I know that is totally not "recommended," but is it even okay?  I cringed when she told me and even told her that she shouldn't.  I offered my infant seat attachment, but she didn't want it because it would just make the stroller harder to push.  I know I err on the side of being super paranoid about that stuff, but what do you ladies think?
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: infants in the BOB

• Options
    would i do it? no. but at the same time, i would also never dream of telling someone what they shouldn't be doing when it comes to them and their child. i like to keep the "to each his/her own" mindset and let them make decisions on their own. i firmly believe we all have/will make poor decisions when it comes to the health/safety of our children at some point. 
    Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
  • Options

imageuncharch7:
    would i do it? no. but at the same time, i would also never dream of telling someone what they shouldn't be doing when it comes to them and their child. i like to keep the "to each his/her own" mindset and let them make decisions on their own. i firmly believe we all have/will make poor decisions when it comes to the health/safety of our children at some point. 

When I say I told her she shouldn't do it, what I told her is that anything you read says to wait until the baby is 6 months old and can support his/her own head.  I thought she might not have actually known that.  I do not go around telling people how to raise their children, but when I think babies are in danger and the mother doesn't even realize it, I will say something. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm very laid back about most things, but no I would not jog with my 9 week old in the main part of the stroller. Their back muscles are not strong enough to support their spine while they are jostled around. To me it is not at all worth the risk.
  • Options
    imagemrs.mastro:

imageuncharch7:

When I say I told her she shouldn't do it, what I told her is that anything you read says to wait until the baby is 6 months old and can support his/her own head.  I thought she might not have actually known that.  I do not go around telling people how to raise their children, but when I think babies are in danger and the mother doesn't even realize it, I will say something. 

BOB actually recommends 8 months... 9 weeks is scarey. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I probably would have done the same as you mrs.mastro, maybe she didn't know that it was dangerous.  Well, you gave her the recommendation & you can only hope everything works out. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"