Maine Babies
Options

Question for those STTN...

How did you get your baby to STTN? Riley is at the point now that i think she has her days and nights mixed up. She had a couple good nights where she still woke up every 3 hrs to feed but was sleeping in her bed at least. Now, the past 2 nights she has been up for HOURS and then will crash during the day for long stretches. I am so exhausted. Any advice? Do you have a specific routine that seems to work for you?

Re: Question for those STTN...

• Options
    We don't have a specific routine...I just usually try to lay her down by 10 pm. She had a couple days where she slept all day long and it threw off our nights, but she worked it out and is back to STTN...She just really started STTN this past week though. Before that, it was hit and miss.  I try to just keep her awake and occupied from 7:00 to 10:00. She'll
  • Options
    Sorry...she'll usually sleep til 6:00 a.m. if I can keep her up from 6 or 7 til 10:00.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm not really any help....DS just started sleeping longer really on his own. He falls asleep for the night usually by 8pm. He'll wake up between 4am and 6am to eat and get a diaper change then fall back asleep for awhile. We really didn't do anything. He usually eats right before going to sleep for the night....but we really let him dictate when he wants to eat and how much.

• Options

DD started sttn (5+ hours) a couple of weeks ago. The only thing I have noticed is that she cluster feeds from 5-9ish pm and then goes down for 7 hours now.?

Her wake/sleep schedule is of her own doing. My part is making sure all the shades & curtains are open to allow the sun light in. I also put her to nap with lights on, etc. In the mornings I change her out of her pjs & into regular clothes.

In the evening I make sure the curtains are closed, lights are dimmed around 8pm, she goes in for her bath, we put on pjs and nurses. That way she knows bedtime is coming.

In the beginning, these things mean/meant nothing to her. But as she's set her schedule, I've worked those things into it so she can start to associate bath time with night time & going to bed and sun & regular clothes with daytime.?

hth.?

• Options
    Similar to crazy, we try to differentiate between napping during the day and sleeping for the night.  We don't have a specific routine though.  We swaddle at night, and she always sleeps in her bassinet.  During the day, she naps wherever - in her swing, crib, couch (if we're sitting right there), etc.  And we don't try to be quiet during the day either.  Good luck! 
  • Options

Cluster feeding and swaddling worked wonders for DD.  She went from sleeping about 3 hours, to sleeping 5-6.

m/c 9/22/07 at 8w5d...BFP 12/23/07! DD born 9/4/2008, BFP 2/14/13...DS born 10/22/2013 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We also have a specific night routine that we started from day 1 (swaddle, lights out, white noise machine) She learned her days from nights within the first week! Maybe that's just her though, I don't know. She now sleeps for a good 9-hour stretch at night, wakes up for a feeding/change and goes right back down for another 3 hours. She dropped her late night-feeding on her own. We really didn't do anything. One night she just didn't wake up for it and that was it.

I know it's not that easy for everyone though. I wish I had better advice to offer. GL!?

• Options

We definitely made a distinct difference between day and night to help her out and she caught on quickly. ?During the day she never slept long we would pick her up to feed her and she would nap with lights on, people around, talking, tv, etc. ?At night we did bathtime, mobile time, eating and then down for the night. ?During the night feedings I don't talk to her or play or anything. ?I just picked her up, bf and put her back down. ??

Janine image image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"