School-Aged Children

what did your kids ask for for Christmas? Just because

I am curious. 

My 7 year old can think of nothing but LEGO.  He wants Lego ninjago ice dragon, Kre-o Optimus, and starscream, and Wii Kirby dream land, and ds lego ninjago.  That was his "santa" list anyway ie, most important stuff.

My 4 year old asked santa for hotwheels remote control car, hotwheels wall track, and a ds. 

my almost 1 year old is getting a wooden activity cube, and a megabloks firetruck.  

Re: what did your kids ask for for Christmas? Just because

• My 12 year old hasn't asked for anything but his bike got stolen recently. I also got him a waffle maker because he likes to cook a little and loves waffles. I'm getting some toys for my 15 month old - blocks, an outdoor slide, etc. Not too much.
  • My 8 y/o DD asked for white paper because she really likes to draw and doesn't have any paper left. She also really wants an Easy Bake Oven and a karaoke machine. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Oct Angel Babies boots badge
  • Loading the player...
  • imageqt030603:
    My 8 y/o DD asked for white paper because she really likes to draw and doesn't have any paper left. She also really wants an Easy Bake Oven and a karaoke machine. 

I remember my sister wanted an easel with white paper, my mom set it up for Christmas morning, and wrote a little note for her on the front page.  My sister was so upset because one of her pieces of paper got ruined haha. 

• imageqt030603:
    My 8 y/o DD asked for white paper because she really likes to draw and doesn't have any paper left. She also really wants an Easy Bake Oven and a karaoke machine. 

I remember my sister wanted an easel with white paper, my mom set it up for Christmas morning, and wrote a little note for her on the front page.  My sister was so upset because one of her pieces of paper got ruined haha. 

• My 9 almost 10 year old is interested in the following:

DS games

Kinect games

iphone 4s (Santa doesn't even have one!)

Bean bag chair

Stuffed animals

Earrings

Boots

An L-shaped sofa (LOL, she hates our current one)

Furry rug (my sister has one, so she'd like one)

Animal posters

Hershey's Bliss white chocolates

... and, to see Santa... she still thinks he's real :)  ... even though her friends keep telling her "It's your parents!"

Newlyweds since 2007
  • My 2 yo wants anything yo gabba gabba, barbie dvd's, barbies, doll stroller, books and puzzles, we are also getting her a barbie battery powered car so she can stop punking the other kids on the block for theirs :)

My 5yo wants a camera, a new gaming system like the Ino-tab's, clothes, books, barbie dream house, wii games, rain boots (it rarely rains here,) craft stuff, more barbie clothes, DVD's, barbie doll head that she can do it's hair and makeover it, play kitchen accessories, laptop

My 13yo is asking for a phone (she's not getting this,) clothes, books, craft stuff, desk, stuff for her room, wii games, DVD's, bike, volleyball net, shoes

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 5th grader wants a better sewing machine, a better ipod, a microscope, and a guitar.  She also wants a parakeet webkinz.

2nd grader wants an American Girl doll, a sewing machine, a desk, and a spinning office chair.

Kindergartener wants an American Girl Doll, Lalaloopsy ferris wheel, and everything that's ever been advertised on tv.  :)

• If its been on tv or in the toy books at Target or Toys R US my kids want it.  

We are having to cut way back so each child will get $50 for toys and then stocking stuff.  This year is going to suck because they are behaving so well and doing so good in school.  My 6.5yr old has told me that santa is going to bring him everything he asked for since he made straight As and has been so good.  I just know he is going to be disappointed.  :(  

I havent narrowed down what I will get them though.  They really arent picky so I know whatever they get they will be happy with.   

1st Day of Kindergarten & 1st Grade 08.29.11

Landon * Kaydance * Kennedy
    5/13/05 ******5/24/06

* Baby is due July 24 2012 * Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Oy -- half of the Hearthsong and Mindware catalogs!!   

Seriously, though:

DD, age 11:  Lego architecture Guggenheim museum, a zip line, lots of stuff related to architecture and interior design, clothes, hexbugs, a jellyfish aquarium.

DS, age 7:  Skylanders Wii game, Lego Star Wars, zip line, pokemon stuff, chapter books about Star Wars, Ninjago, Kirby game for Wii.

Both are getting Razor scooters from Santa. 

Looks like Lego and Lucasfilms will be getting a lot of our $ this season!

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • imageL D:

If its been on tv or in the toy books at Target or Toys R US my kids want it.  

We are having to cut way back so each child will get $50 for toys and then stocking stuff.  This year is going to suck because they are behaving so well and doing so good in school.  My 6.5yr old has told me that santa is going to bring him everything he asked for since he made straight As and has been so good.  I just know he is going to be disappointed.  :(  

I havent narrowed down what I will get them though.  They really arent picky so I know whatever they get they will be happy with.   

L D -- check Amazon for gently used stuff.  You may get FAR more out of your $50/per kid limit.  If it comes from Santa, it doesn't have to be in a store package. 

• All my daughter wants for Christmas is a journal! :)  We are getting her that and a Barbie dream house.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageSurfinbride:

... and, to see Santa... she still thinks he's real :)  ... even though her friends keep telling her "It's your parents!"

My DD too!  OMG -- it's unbelievable!  DH and I think that, at some level, she knows, but that she just wants to keep believing.  We have decided it's something she needs to wrestle with herself.  We're not going to sit her down and tell her, especially since she has a younger brother.

• A glue stick. No joke! What's funny is I still have not purchased the glue stick, but I plan to have a 3-pack in her stocking. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"