Georgia Babies

Keurig Help Please

My brother and I are going in on a birthday gift for my mom and want to get her one.  I have no idea what the main differences are in the models.  Anything special on yours that you couldn't live without?  Also, I think I remember someone saying Amazon was a good place to get the K cups?  TIA!
imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Keurig Help Please

• Costco has the Platinum model (I think it is their top model) that includes the refillable cup and 60 random k cups. I think it is either $139 or $149 but is much cheaper than anywhere else for just that model not including the extras. This is the model that we have and I love it but I have no experience with the other models.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think the model I have is the B40 Elite... pretty simple and works great.  Mine was a gift, but the best prices I have seen in general seem to be the Bed Bath & Beyound with the usual 20% off coupons. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I have had the cheapest version for over a year and it's awesome.  My only complaint is that it can only work with smaller coffee mugs.  I think the newer models can work with different sizes.  From looking at them fairly recently, there are a few options to them.  Some have a tank that you could refill every now and then - you can make several cups of coffee without having to refill.  I think that's mostly if you plan to use it in an office or drink a TON of coffee.  You have to put 1 cup of water in my Keurig every time you make a cup, which is no big deal.  Also, on many of the more expensive/newer models, you can choose your cup size.  You can make 8, 10, 12 oz of coffee in a cup.  Mine is just the standard (8 I think).  I would love that option!  I've found the k-cups pretty cheap at Kroger.  They're usually about $7.79 a box there.  Kohls, Target, Publix etc usually have them for $10 or more.  My FAVORITE is Millstone Hazelnut Creme, followed by Caribou Blend.  I'd shy away from some of the "light blends" (you have to read the box) unless she likes weak coffee.  I stick with medium or dark roasts.  Hope that helps!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I bought the Special Edition at Kohls.  You can get it anywhere for $150, but I waited until I got a 30% off coupon to buy it.  I also bought the cup that allows you to make your own k-cup so you can just buy a regular sized bag of coffee. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd get it from Costco, they typically have the best price and definitely have the best return policy/customer service.

I have found the best place to get the k-cups is at Bed Bath & Beyond, using a $5 off coupon.  They are consistently the best price.  I have stumbled into some amazing deals at Ross, but it is hit or miss.  And if you keep your eye on it, you can also get some good deals on Amazon.  When we see a really good deal, we stock up on as many as we can buy. 

Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Go for the bigger one so u don't have to refill the resovoir as often. Seems like I have to refill mine every other day. Of course we use it to warm bottles so maybe that's why...

• I got the Cuisinart one from Kohls and LOVE IT.  It is $199 but if you have a 30% off coupon it brings it down to $140.  I get my K-cups at Bed Bath and Beyond and use my 20% off coupons.  Costco and Sams also have a couple varieties.
  • imageamyb05:
    Costco has the Platinum model (I think it is their top model) that includes the refillable cup and 60 random k cups. I think it is either $139 or $149 but is much cheaper than anywhere else for just that model not including the extras. This is the model that we have and I love it but I have no experience with the other models.

This exactly. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"