Preemies
Options

First Visit with the OT

It went pretty well. We got some pretty good tips on "exercises" for her to do. Her and my mom will start doing their workouts at the same time.

However, people that have OTs have you seen an improvement in the development above "just growing up?" I'm concerned that although she tested below her age in some areas and we are putting interventions in place, that there are things that she will just need to grow out of.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: First Visit with the OT

• Options
    We started PT/OT right after coming home from the NICU - so Im not sure if there would be a difference in her development without it but I'm really happy to have it either way. They monitor her and let me know how she is doing as far as milestones etc. and give me lots of activities/exercises to do with her while we play that will help her. Its a nice time for me to talk about anything developmentally that concerns me and its always fun to show off DD's new "tricks"  - I couldnt wait to show her therapists how she learned to roll over! There are things she will definitley need to "grow out of" but as long as insurance will pay for my LOs therapy - were going to have it! its a great tool
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Getting older will certainly help with her trouble areas, but OT should help her catch up more quickly.

From what I can tell, PT & OT at this age focuses on strengthening the core and neck.  So much of what kids are "behind" on requires muscle tone.  

Some people see PT/OT as negative, but I look at it as a way to help my boys catch up as quickly as possible.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"